About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

2015 Trip - Getting Ready



We are finished with the planning stages, our trip is now complete!  We leave on April 29th and will be on the road until July 15th.  Planned stops include Chula Vista CA, Welton AZ, Tucson AZ, Deming NM, Alamogordo NM, Carlsbad NM, Fort Stockton TX, Junction TX, San Antonio TX, Austin TX, College Station TX, League City TX, New Iberia LA, New Orleans LA, Mobile AL, Montgomery AL, Stone Mountain/Atlanta GA, Chatanooga/Hixon TN, Decatur AL, Tupelo MS, Memphis TN, Little Rock AR, Texarkana TX, Tyler TX, Carrollton/Dallas TX, Goodlett TX, Amarillo TX, Tucumcari NM, Albuquerque NM, Holbrook AZ, Williams AZ, Needles CA, and then home.  As you can see the route takes us out the southern route on I10 and returns via I40.  Although some stops are just pass throughs for overnights we do have family to visit in some stops and sites to see in others. We are traveling with Rick and Janie Moore and also with Bill and Treasa Betz (although they leave us after New Orleans and keep heading East).  I will try and post at each of the stops with more details so stay tuned if you want......  

No comments:

Post a Comment