About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

2016 Trip -12) Fort Laramie, WY to Cheyenne, WY


Fri. 7/8…  (Cheyenne, WY)   We only had 123 miles to go today so we were in no hurry to leave.  We got going around 10:00am and drove through Cheyenne and down almost to the Colorado border to Terry Bison RV Park (pa $21x1 tl $42x2), Cheyenne, WY.





 

We made one stop (Flying J) on the way so Rick could fuel up. We got settled in and fixed lunch.  Then we rested a bit and planned our stay here. We’re eating in tonight.  We drove into town and past the fairgrounds where they hold the Cheyenne Rodeo.  We’re missing it by a couple of weeks but we will go back to the museum in the next couple of days.  We finished at Walmart and picked up a few things for dinner and then headed back.  Janie fixed the taco meat and Lydia did rice and I cooked the tortillas.  Everything was really good.  Tomorrow we will head into the city again. Lydia talked us guys into joining her and Janie for a pedicure/manicure.

 

Sat. 7/9…  (Cheyenne, WY)  Our appointment was at 9:30 and we got there and got seated in the chairs and they started on us.  Lydia paid for a full pedicure for me with massage and hot wax plus hot wax on my hands and a nail manicure. Janie did the same for Rick. I’ve done these before so I’m ok with it and enjoyed it very much.  Rick liked most of it except the wax was too hot for his right hand. Afterward we came back to the rig and Lydia went over to check on the laundry.  There was stuff in the washers and dryers but when I went back an hour later they were gone (so I thought).  Lydia and I went back over and got all three washes in use.  No problem.  I came back and she stayed there.  When she went to put stuff in the dryers they were all full. They were shut off and had been so I assumed they were empty! No one had been around so she went to the office and they told her go ahead and remove the clothes and dry hers.  No problems until she was about done with all of the drying.  She was getting ready to leave when the lady came in.  She saw her clothes in the cart and was kind of upset but said nothing to Lydia.  Not too much to say when you abandon your clothes for over an hour and a half!  Afterward I walked Bailey and caught a couple of pictures of her hunting rabbits! You have to look close to see them!



Earlier in the day while out walking we came across a young lady working the photo booth and she liked Bailey.  Turns out her name was Bailey too!  So I got a picture of the two Baileys and Rosie the cow….

 

We had decided after working most of the afternoon that we would go to dinner out.  We looked at places around the city but we had a 10% off coupon to The Senator’s Steakhouse actually on the ranch so we decided to go there.  We walked over and had an early meal. Really nice place and we hadn’t been there in our previous stop at this park. Bailey recommended we try the Bison Ribs so Lydia and I shared a meal. Even though we got a ½ rack, the ribs were huge and we had plenty.  They were very good and tender too! We came back and walked the dogs and then sat out for a while as the weather was really nice.  We soon came in and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment