About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, May 20, 2016

2016 Trip - Getting Ready




We are finished with the planning stages, our trip is now complete!  We leave on Wednesday, June 1st and will be on the road until August 7th.  Planned stops include Hesperia & Needles CA, Williams & Holbrook AZ, Albuquerque & Tucumcari NM, Amarillo TX, Clinton & Checotah OK, Branson & Platte City MO, Onawa ID, Plankinton & Rapid City SD, Fort Laramie & Cheyenne WY, Colorado Springs, Golden, & Gypsum CO, Green River, Beaver, & Virgin UT, Las Vegas NV, and Acton & Santa Paula CA and then home.  If you can picture the route, it takes us out I40 pretty much into Missouri and then north through Branson and up to Kansas City and Omaha and Sioux Falls where we turn and follow I90 back west through the Black Hills and then drop down through Denver and pick up I70 back through Utah and then hit I15 for the trip back to CA.  Although some stops are just pass throughs for overnights we do have friends to visit in some stops and sites to see in others. Our main destination is Branson MO where we will stay for 11 nights. We are traveling with Rick and Janie Moore and also with Bill and Treasa Betz. B&T will leave us after Branson and keep heading east.  I will try and post at each of the stops with more details so stay tuned if you want......   

1 comment: