About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

2016 Trip – 1) Hesperia CA to Williams AZ



Wed.. 6/1….  (Hesperia, CA)   We got up from our bed at home and leisurely got the last minute things ready and in the RV. I walked Bailey and we headed out for our first day.  The drive to Hesperia was without incident.  We are now at Desert Willow RV Resort with our RV Club, The Camping Squares (www.campingsquares.net).  We had 3 rigs in camp today (Betz, Moore and us) so we made the decision to go out for pizza (Oggi’s) which was very good.  When the Angels win, they give you a medium pizza for only $5.00. What a deal!
We stopped at Walmart on the way home and then settled in and rested from the day.

Thurs.. 6/2….  (Hesperia, CA)   We went to Richie’s Diner for breakfast and then went to Costco to pick up some vitamins and then had the car washed. We now have 7 rigs total in camp w/4 to go tomorrow. Most everyone spent the day just lounging, and eating and swimming and walking the dog,  - not necessarily in that order. The spa was too yucky and the pool was too cold so we didn’t do either. Janie fixed dinner for the six travelers.  The girls will take turns on the trip so everyone gets to rest for a couple of meals.  Ws sat outside for a while and visited with the folks who came in today and then came in to watch tv and then hit the hay.

Fri. 6/3….  (Hesperia CA)    This morning Bill (Jones) and I took off early to go fishing.  He had been to Hesperia Lake before and wanted to give it a try.  They had senior prices so it wasn’t that expensive.  I caught one fish but it was huge! 8lbs, 7 oz.  They took my name and details for their pr report. We got back about 12:30 and after a shower and a dog walk we rested up and made plans for dinner.  The Club usually goes out to dinner as a group on Fridays.  We later held our board meeting and then sat around or played games in the clubhouse before going back for tv and bed. 

Sat.  6/4….  (Hesperia, CA)  Today was Club day!  We had a breakfast (assigned to two couples), played a little poker, and then visited with friends who came to the campground.  Our potluck dinner was next, followed by our dance.  We have a bunch of non dancers so we cut it short a bit this time. After the dance we hung around the clubhouse for a while and then went back to walk Bailey and visit a bit more.  Folks who are leaving before us tomorrow said their goodbyes.  Most are heading home but Mike and Cheri are starting their trip to Alaska and Mike and Pat are heading up to visit family in Palmdale area. I caught up on some Nascar and Indy races before going to bed.  

Sun. 6/5 …..  (Needles, CA)  We left camp about 9:00am on Sunday and drove 185 miles to our second stop, Fender’s River Road Resort in Needles, CA.  We had decided that whoever made the reservation for the next rv park would lead out.  This was our turn. We got there with one problem.  We blew a right rear outside dual tire, but luckily it happened on the offramp going to the park.  We heard a muffled pop but didn’t see anything until we went into the office.  I called Good Sam Road service and $1100. later we were good to go. I have those huge expensive tires!




Later we took Bailey down to the Colorado River and she had a ball!  It is 112° here so at least she got cooled off!  Lydia fixed hot dogs since we didn’t want a big meal.  When it got dark we sat outside a while and then went in to the rigs to watch tv and then went to bed.

Mon. 6/6….. (Williams, AZ)  Update on the tire situation.  We got up early and I went out and walked Bailey and then got out my gauge and checked the new tire.  It was down to almost nothing!  I found that the braided extension line was leaking. This explained everything!  When they replaced the tire they hooked back up to the braided line so the air leaked out overnight.  Good thing I checked it or we would have another tire to pay for.  I called the tire service back and they came and took off the extension and added air.  We were good to go and Rick & Janie led us out about 9:00am and we drove 179 miles and after fuel stops in Kingman for all of us, we are now out our third stop - one night at the Canyon Motel & RV Park in Williams, AZ. (pa $26.) The park is actually nice.  Nothing fancy but the indoor pool is nice.  We decided to go out to Rod’s Steakhouse in town which we liked before. I had liver and onions, which is one of my favorite meals, which most folks don’t like.  It was delicious and the best I have ever eaten!  After the meal we headed home and sat out for a bit and reviewed some of the shows we want to see while in Branson.  After that we headed in and Lydia watched her taped shows and I watched some of mine while I got this issue prepped. Tomorrow we head out for Holbrook…..

Some of my pics didn't post due to poor internet connection.  I think I have them now.....


1 comment:

  1. When we met over to your house to celebrate Bev and Lydia's birthday, I was looking at those big ole tires, wondering how much they cost because they are so big, now I know, lol

    ReplyDelete