About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, August 8, 2016

2016 Trip -21) Santa Paula, CA to Long Beach


Fri. 8/5…  (Santa Paula, CA)   Mapes and Wampler got into camp today so we now have all ten rigs for this outing.  Paul & Pauline said they will be driving in tomorrow from their Simi home to visit with us.  They recently sold their rv so it’s nice that they still want to come visit. Since tonight is the opening ceremony for the Rio Olympic Games, I decided to hold the Board Meeting on Saturday in order to be able to go to dinner and then be able to watch if they want.  Mike has an outside tv so that is an option if the weather is nice enough. We didn’t have any plan for dinner which was set as ‘on your own’.  Some went south to Santa Paula, we went north to Ojai with Bill & Merlyn, Ed, and Rick & Janie. The plan was to go to Carrows but we found they were one of those that have closed.  So we went to Ca’Marco Ristorante for Italian.  It was an unknown but turned out to be one of the best meals we have had on our trip!  We will be going back again when in that area.  After everyone returned, we did sit out at Myer’s rig to watch opening ceremonies, or should I say commercials.  Jeeze, we know companies want to advertise but that was ridiculous!  I went in early and taped the rest of it to watch tomorrow.      

   
Sat. 8/6…  (Santa Paula, CA)  Got the rest of the opening ceremonies. I was disappointed in the whole thing but each country does it different so it was still ok. We had our breakfast continental style which was very good. 



 

 
 
Then I held my board meeting.  Last one as we leave office after two years as presidents. Fun times! Afterwards the guys played poker (I finished runner up), and then we got ready for the bbq tonight.  The current and past presidents always provide and cook burgers and hot dogs at this outing. Gary and I were the only presidents/past presidents in camp so we got the job.  The large bbq up by the clubhouse was in use by another group so Gary and Jim set up three smaller ones in our area.  We enlisted Rick to help man one so we managed to get everything done so we could eat.
 



 
 
Thanks Rick, Jim, and Gary. The food was great and the company was even better!  After dinner we said our goodbyes to Paul and Pauline and then set up the campfire. I cleaned up some of our stuff in preparation to head home tomorrow and then went in to watch the Olympics. 

 

   Sun. 8/7…  (Long Beach, CA)  We got up unusually early this morning.  Rick & Janie were leaving to go visit Janie’s daughter and grandkids. We had to take down our canopy but that went fairly quickly.  We left about 9:30 and got home around 12:00pm.  It had been a long trip but it was sure fun.  But it is still nice to be home, especially safe and sound.  Jeff has done an outstanding job on our home.  Here are some more pictures….. 



 

Nice job, son, you make us so proud!  Next up was to take care of the mail, and unload the motorhome.  We will clean it up really well but that will take a few days as we have drs appointments and other things to take care of.  Also I need to sit down and write a summation of the trip.  Watch for that post in the next few days.      

No comments:

Post a Comment