About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, May 25, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #41 – Heaven Calls Another Angel Home


                                                                                    

Monday, May 25th, 2020…… Happy Memorial Day!   We don’t know them all but we owe them all!  

Today, was pretty much like yesterday. She is starting to show signs of swelling, but still looks calm and rested although breathing looks to a bit more labored. We ate breakfast and then Randy and Jeff climbed up on the potting shed section of the workshop roof and started to work on the skylights up there. They have loosened up a bit from the summer heat and the glass has slipped down in the fixture, allowing water to get in. They took everything apart and reassembled and all is fixed now. Thanks, guys! Frances and Penny came over and we spent the day goofing around, each taking a few minutes to go sit with Lydia and talk to her. I don’t know for sure, but I believe she can hear us. I have turned on the tv to her Hallmark station mostly for background noise. I think that is good for her to have so many of us in and out during the day. Of course, we are giving her longer periods to sleep quietly. With Frances and Penny here, we were able to take off for a bit so I drove them over to the local motocross track in Albany. I had never been but found it pretty easily. It was packed with folks spending the holiday out riding and enjoying the day. Nice to see. I will have to go back again sometime. We stopped on the way home at Terri’s salon and saw her trash dumpster was empty so Jeff and Randy took four bags of grass clippings there to dump. She said, “Just don’t fill it up”, so I only took four.  Later, Jeff bbq’d the steak meat and came in and sliced it up and had everyone build up their tacos. We sat down and had a very nice meal. 

I think we each went in to check on Lydia, with Jeff going last to check on his mom. He noticed she didn't have breaths and came out to have Frances go in. Randy, Sis and I followed. She found Lydia had passed quietly and in her sleep. She looked relaxed and didn’t have any pain or discomfort all the way to the end. I thank the Lord for that. God gave me an angel in my life. After just short of 52 years of wedded bliss, God had a greater need for that angel and called her home to heaven today. While it feels like the wheels have come off, your thoughts and prayers for us and our family have truly helped me get back moving again. Thank you from the whole family for being there for us. We love you all.

Just so you know, I am planning on cremation here and will be working on plans for a Celebration of Life sometime after summer back down in California, where friends and family are located.

1 comment:

  1. It is a heaven sent that Lydia passed peacefully and my heart is broken to lose such a great friend. I will miss her everyday. I thank God that she had you and you were there every step of the way. Your journey has just began and I will pray that you take the time to grieve your loss. Lydia would want you to be happy and healthy. God bless you and your family, know that my heart will be with you all, always.

    ReplyDelete