About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, September 24, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #57 – One Last Day in NE, One Day Home & Then Heading South!

 


Tuesday, September 14th., 2021…… We were up at 5:15am, packed and down for breakfast & then the shuttle to airport. Good thing we went early because our flight was 7:15am instead of 9:00am!  But we made it and had a nice 6-hour flight. We had to go via Seattle, but the good thing was that we had business class for all flights on this trip, so we had good legroom. Important for me for sure!  On the long flight home, we were lucky enough to get row 6 which was right behind 1st. class, and there was no separation other than a curtain, so we only had two seats in front of us for even more legroom and no one in the third seat in our row. Score!  But still the flight was a long one. During the wait for the next leg, Cathye asked if I had her license. She said she handed it to me at TSA along with her boarding pass. I never saw it. Turns out that’s where we lost it!  We made the transfer and got the 29-minute flight to Portland and went through baggage claim and took the tram back to Cathye’s truck. On the way, I spotted a Toyota Tacoma the same color as hers and commented that some dummy had left his window open. She said, ‘that’s my car!”. Yep, turns out when I got the ticket going into the lot, I left the window down and we walked away from the car on the other side, so I didn’t notice.  Duuhh!  But nothing inside was touched so we were incredibly lucky. We made the drive home and, on the way, called Logan lost and found and left a message with her phone number. Hopefully, someone will turn it in. I stopped at the Lebanon DMV, and we saw there was no one there so she went in and was able to get a new one ordered and a temporary one for now. She needed to go anyway to make an address change, so it worked out. We got home at 2:30pm and I texted sis to let her know. I started unpacking my bag and she went over and got Jama from her friends, Lona, and Misty. We were tired and had some jet lag but managed to get everything emptied and sorted out. She needed to do her laundry and I moved some stuff out to the motorhome. We both have a lengthy list of things to do today or tomorrow before we leave on Thursday for the trip down to SoCal. Cathye made us a light meal using some items from the freezer that we needed to get rid of and we watched some of America’s Got Talent but gave up early and called it a night.         

Wednesday, September 15th., 2021…… After our morning walk with the doggos, I started out early working on my blog. I had a lot to write about plus plenty of pics to insert. It took a long time! I also wanted to mow the grass before we left so I got the mower out and Penny came over and between her and Cathye and I, we got everything done and the truck loaded for a run to the dump tomorrow morning. There was so much to do but we do have a few hours before our planned departure around 9-10 tomorrow morning.

Thursday, September 16th., 2021…...  The first hitch of the day occurred when I tried to start the motorhome! The battery was dead!  No worries though, I hooked up a charger and had it running and we were off.  The drive today was 287 miles, and we are in Weed, CA. I had never been to this park before, so I was apprehensive. But, after being given a nice pull thru (didn’t have to unhook the tow car) with satellite access, I went back and booked it again for the return home! It was a little noisy from the Pilot/Flying J next door, but we slept great!  The weather is nice and supposed to be that way all the way to Calif. We will miss the big front hitting Oregon and Washington tomorrow. They are supposed to get a lot of rain!  Tonight, we just ate in and enjoyed the evening and went to bed early. I do not have a directv box that will get abc, cbs, and nbc outside of the immediate Oregon area. Directv says per FCC rules ONLY New York and Los Angeles direct boxes can get those stations across the country. So, I have another box that will get those, but it stopped working and a new box was sent and will be received in Orange County and delivered to me on Sunday!  But we have plenty of stuff taped to watch in the meantime!

Friday, September 17th., 2021……  This morning we got going and had 264 miles to drive. No battery problems. We stopped at the Weed Pilot/Flying J and fueled up and headed out. We are in Flag City RV in Lodi, CA. I have been here before, and this is a must stop on the 3-stop route. I have made the run to SoCal with two stops along the way and decided to do the 3-stop this time. I like that much better! We got into the park and set up early and had time to walk the girls and, since I had unhooked the tow car, we cruised the town. I was looking for the Hollywood diner, a place I had been to before that we liked. I found it but they were closed. We settled on Chili’s. Bad decision. Poor service and although my food was good, she had to send hers back. We almost walked out.   

Saturday, September 18th., 2021…… Today, the drive was 245 miles to Bakersfield RV Resort. They had an early check in time, so we were there at noon and got set up. I had to unhook to get to the hookups but that was no problem. Stan (Lydia’s brother who lives in Bakersfield) came over to visit. We walked to the restaurant in the park and had a really good meal! We visited for a bit and went to bed early after he left. Tomorrow we hit Newport Dunes!

Sunday, September 19th., 2021……  Again, I love the 3-stop trip. We only had 160 miles today to get to Newport Dunes. We had a space already assigned by the Camping Squares. We were joining up with them after over 4 years!  Man, I miss those guys!  There were 20 rigs and all but one made it in. We managed to squeeze in the skinny/short assigned site but once we were parked, it was ok. We got set up and rested for a while and watched the rest of the group come in. Later, we went out to Ruby’s Diner for diner with Rick and Janie and Gary and Lorna. Cathye is getting to know my friends and they all like her!  I told her they would!!! We got back and took the dogs out to the bay for a walk. They love this place!



 

We were late for the Meet and Greet but I know I am going to get fined for something anyway so what the heck! After that, we walked back and started the campfire and sat outside and enjoyed the evening with family and friends.     



Monday, September 20th., 2021…… HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHYE! The big 7 OH! I love this lady!  I had already picked out her birthday present and gave it to her. I think she loved it to say the least!


 

I wanted to take her out on her special day, so we took a cruise around the area, and I picked out a few places depending on what she was hungry for. We chose QuacAmigos, right on the beach. Randy and Maryanne came over and met Cathye. THEY also love her! Duuhh!  We visited for a few hours, and they went home. I had texted Sandie and, later, she and Ken came to join Randy and Maryanne at the restaurant. We had a nice time and a nice meal with a nice margarita!

 

Once back in camp, we started the fire and visited and walked the dogs and then everyone went home or back to their rigs, and we came in to bed. Nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment