About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, June 7, 2014

The first leg of our trip is complete

The first leg of our trip was the club campout which we left this morning.  It was a fun outing but it started out on a wrong note.  First I found I left the charging cord for the laptop at home but asked one of our friends to go get it and bring it when they came up.  Problem solved.  Second problem was discovered the next morning when I found I had not packed any underwear. That problem got solved with a trip to Kohl's and a hundred dollars later I was set.   Ok, I think we were good.... no wait, when I left this morning I set down my coffee tumbler and found that it doesn't tumble very well.  Nice hot coffee went down the defroster vent.  We ran it on the way and it seems ok.  We are now at June Lake RV Resort for eight days.  Tonight we ate in (Lydia's choice even though it is her birthday).  Ed and Betty joined us and it was a nice evening.  Tomorrow the other four rigs will arrive.  Lydia and Betty will have jambalaya waiting for them for dinner....Ed and I will get his boat and motor together and put into Gull Lake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment