About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, June 16, 2014


Thursday thru Sunday………

 

Thursday we rented a pontoon boat and fished June Lake.  The winds always seem to pick up as soon as we hit the lake and today was no exception.  We hit the east end beach and got a couple of fish in the boat.  It was hard to keep the anchors in place so we moved to the west end reed area.  There we all started hooking up and got 15 fish between us.  I guess I was distracted by a hit on my line when I was tying my stringer to the rail and only put one slip knot in.  Later I heard a metal noise and then saw my stringer swimming away with four fish! Oh well, the stringer was only $5.00 and I caught back up quickly.  Thursday meal was another meal from the other team - this one was sloppy joes, baked beans, cole slaw, and banana pudding, all of which were really good.  Later, Paul decided to take a flyer off a ladder while working on his awning.  Paramedics were called and he was transported to the ER in Mammoth as a precaution from the fall and for stitches in his hand and super glue for a cut above his eye. Scary but everything was ok. 

 

Friday Ed had planned on going out in his boat on Gull Lake while Terry and Rick took off to Lundy.  Turns out Ed decided to go with us but we had left before he got out to the car!  So he went to the Gull Lake launch dock on the other side of the lake and quickly got a limit.  Meanwhile, Terry and Rick were getting fish but the wind was almost unbearable.  But we braved the conditions and I got a limit and we were out of there by 9:30.  Friday night was the fish fry.  I had recently bought a fish cooker from Bass Pro Shops just for this trip. Everyone brought a dish to share plus each brought fish for me to cook and we had WAY too many!  It took some time to get them all done (they were all defrosted so we had to cook them) so the cooks ate later.  But everything was great.  Bunch of good cooks in this group!

 

On Saturday we didn’t do too much.  Paul and Pauline went back to Mammoth to have his bandage checked and changed. Ed and Mark went out in the boat and I took Bailey down to the lake to swim.  I had met a local girl who had a five year old golden who loves to retrieve balls and toys thrown in the water.  Bailey had been there before but would only go out to walking distance.  But Chase showed her it was cool to swim so she took off and did it too!  She is definitely a water dog! Lydia has pictures on her phone which we will download later.  Later, we got Ed’s boat back to the rig, Mark and Donna took off for home today.  Later Betty said she wasn’t feeling well, and had trouble breathing so Ed took her down to Mammoth ER to have her looked at.  She had a bit of fluid in her lungs so they kept her overnight.  The rest of us either ate in or went to the Sierra Inn for dinner.  Ed came back later and all of us finished cleaning up in preparation for leaving tomorrow.

 

Sunday morning Paul headed out first, headed for home. Rick and Janie and us left next, headed for Reno/Sparks.  Bill and Treasa took off later, headed north, then east. They’ll be out until October or so.  Ed called down to check and Betty would be released later in the day so he left to park there and wait.  They had to change their plans and get her out of the altitude so they headed home.  We made the drive with no problems and are now checked in to River’s Edge RV Park in Sparks, NV.  The park is right on the Truckee River and is nice.  The spaces are all on blacktop and we have to run the dogs outside the park to do their business but that’s not a problem.  We are here until Wednesday.  We took a drive to check out Safari RV place where Rick will take his rig in on Tuesday for work. That done, we headed to Walmart to stock up.  After getting things put away I found the Great Basin Brewing Company online so we headed there for dinner.  It was very good and a place we will go back to.  We returned to the rig and took the dogs out for a walk along the river.  We then returned to the rig and settled in for the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment