About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #12 – Dad’s Day & Shopping


Sunday, June 18th, 2017…..   Happy Father’s Day to all the dads! Saturdays and Sundays we always try to avoid shopping centers and big box stores (yes, even up here we have crowds!). So today we avoided the families out for dad’s day and just hung around the campground and cleaned up the rig a bit and then kicked back and rested.  Earlier this morning both Jeff and Randy called to wish me a happy father’s day. The weather has warmed up a bit like promised. It got up to 85 today. One thing I wish we had at this park was a pool/spa! Lydia set up the crockpot for a new meal – garlic parmesan chicken. It was very tasty and a definite keeper. Although we both decided she could cut down on the seasoning a bit next time.
     
Monday, June 19th, 2017…..  Tough sleeping for both of us last night.  We started out tired but neither of us could sleep.  I tossed and turned and Lydia got up to read for a while.  Then later she got up again with acid reflux.  So today since we had nothing planned we hung around the rig and napped for a few hours.  Later we took off to try a restaurant called The Kozy, about 3 miles back on the way into Eugene.  It was diner food.  Lydia had the roast beef and I tried the liver and onions.  Both were pretty good plus the price was good too. We left there and then went to the show.  We saw Cars 3 (in 3D which was neat). It was ok but I liked 1 & 2 better.  Afterward, we came back and had snacks and watched tv for awhile.   

Tuesday, June 20th, 2017…..  Happy Birthday Treasa! We called her this morning to wish her a happy day. They were on their way to celebrate on a luncheon cruise on the General Jackson in Nashville.  We did that and it’s a cool trip! 


We did sleep in a bit, I guess to catch up on last night, and then ate breakfast and then went shopping. Lydia still needed shoes and I needed pants and a shirt.  We stopped at the Eugene Mall and found Payless where she found a couple of pairs of shoes then we walked to Kohl’s and Sears where I couldn’t find anything.  We drove to Nordstrom Rack just down the road and I bought both shirt and pants.  Now all we need is a suitcase which we are still looking for (probably end up at Ross). We went to Walmart for water and stuff for breakfasts and then went home and rested until dinner. We had pork loin with mashed potatoes and gravy and asparagus. Yummy!  We discussed tomorrow’s plans. We talked about going back up to Albany tomorrow and then to Salem just to look around.

1 comment:

  1. Thoroughly enjoying your blogs! Hope you got the vehicle registrations handled. Although you would probably rather be in the house getting settled, at least you have time now to investigate the surrounding areas!

    ReplyDelete