About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

2017 Trip – Blog #15 – A New Week

                

Sunday, June 25th, 2017…..   Sundays are kick back days.  We just hang around the park doing nothing. Today was no exception.  We spoke with our realtor, Aimee, yesterday and she is having issues with the seller about septic maintenance/repairs on the septic system.  There’s $365. worth of work recommended but he says its working fine and he won’t pay anything.  I see his point as we went through that when we sold our house. We’re hoping to buy some of his items on the property and we’re wanting him in a good frame of mind right now so we’re not pushing the repair thing at this time.

So we just relaxed and watched tv and ate leftovers for dinner.  A typical Sunday for us at home!  

Monday, June 26th, 2017…..  This morning after my walk I got on the phone and called PODS to get our three storage containers shipped to Eugene. They were stored in SoCal waiting on my move order. Getting them close means we have no time issues and it’s only a 3 day wait to get them to the house once we get in.

That done, we hung out and cleaned up the rig a bit and then went out to buy our suitcase. We ended up choosing one at Ross. That done, we went to Mattress Firm to check out their sheets.  Same scenario – not many places stock Cal King split sheets – they didn’t have any.  We’ll wait to see what Walmart sends us as they are cheap enough to get more colors.  I had touched base with Aimee about getting money wired vs. a cashier’s check. We will arrange to sign closing docs and then have a wire transfer done on the same day. We also heard back from Aimee that the seller expects to be out sooner than arranged.  No date yet but we’re ready whenever he is!  I also sent her a request to pass on to the seller regarding four items to see if he has any interest in selling them to us: trailer, 4 wheeler utility vehicle, lawnmower, and table saw.  If he gives me a package deal I’m interested but he may want to take them all with him.  If we don’t get them it’s just more stuff to put on our shopping list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment