About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, April 2, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #26 – The Virus Life Continues



Sunday, Mar 29th, 2020……  Not much to report on these days. We continue to hunker down and ride out the storm. I have ventured out to Starbucks, Jack in the Box, 7-Eleven, plus shopping trips to Walmart, but, for the most part, we continue to just stick to home. We watch tv and Lydia does her exercises. Of course, on dialysis days (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) we make two runs to Albany for that. The other days I spend at home with both of my girls, making sure they are happy and fed (and have done their pee pees and poopies).
  
Monday, Mar 30th, 2020……  We finally have doctors calls and home health care visits going this week. Lydia meets with her primary doctor and her nephrologist via telecon and the home health care nurse comes this morning.  Deedee was very nice and, in addition to her vitals and a health check, she took care of Lydia’s arm where we scraped her bruise and left an open wound. It was healing nicely but we needed some extra help with more appropriate bandaging.  
       
Tuesday, Mar 31st, 2020……  Today I spent some time helping my sister move our friend, Lois, who has been making plans to move to Missouri for some time now. She had a guy, flying in to Eugene, who was going to rent a van and come get her and they would drive back to Missouri. She had some stuff to take to Habitat for Humanity plus I needed to remove her in-wall air conditioner and replace the plate, which I did. We got the items moved and took some stuff home to keep and/or dispose, but this story continues because there were issues with the credit card rental. She is still here.

Wednesday, Apr 1st, 2020…… April Fool’s Day – but not too much fun to be pranking today. The guy, Steve, is now not going to pick Lois up. The van was reserved by another person in Missouri and he was not allowed to check it out and drive it. He did not have his own credit card so he couldn’t do that option, so everything came to a halt. Now, the plan is for her friend Mary, to fly to Portland and come get the van. Steve will fly home and Mary will drive Lois back. Since all of her furniture is now gone, Lois stayed with a friend last night and will stay in a motel tonight. I know – it’s a crazy situation and has been driving my sister nuts. She’s done all she can to help but wants things to work out for her friend. Hopefully, tomorrow they will get on the road.
Lydia had Dane, a physical therapist, come by this morning and showed Lydia some new exercises, which she will be doing each day, although not in the same repetition on dialysis days. Our neighbor, Lou, came by after we got back from dialysis, to drop off a nice flower bouquet – thanks Lou! We called in an order for a wet burrito from Los Dos Arbolitos and Penny went to pick that up for us. Thanks, Sis. Very tasty. We ended up the night watching The Masked Singer (Yeah – I got the White Tiger picked correctly) and then headed off to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment