About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, March 30, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #25 – Isolation


Thursday, Mar 26th, 2020……  Not much going on around here. I’m sure the rest of the nation and the world is the same. Folks up here are still trying to be friendly and there is no panic and we still have stuff on the grocery shelves. It looks to be a long wait until we can get this all behind us. But we will all get through it. Lydia has heard from her doctor. They are still processing the request for in-home care. Things are slow moving because of all of the other priorities and the precautions in getting this service activated. She has two upcoming teleconferences with doctors the first of the week. Funny, they have both asked to apply the co-pay for an office visit to these calls! 
I made us diced cubed steak and mushroom gravy over mashed potatoes with green beans. That’s the first meal she asked for when she came home last week but I needed to gather up all of the ingredients. It was good and we have some left over for another meal.     
  
Friday, Mar 27th, 2020……  Today is another dialysis day. But we are now on the M-W-F schedule for 1:00pm which means she doesn’t have to get up super early any more. After walking Rylee, and making her tea and my coffee, I headed off to McDonalds to get us breakfast. Lydia has been getting stronger every day. Most dialysis days all she wants to do is rest, which is expected, but she is trying hard to work on her core as well as arm and leg strength. She is using the walker to go from the bedroom to her office or the living room. I just wish she would eat more although I understand the many reasons why she is not hungry and/or food doesn’t taste good.  We continue to have enough taped tv shows and movies to keep us occupied during our time at home. The weather here had been perfect and I was outside whenever I could the last week or so, but now it’s supposed to be gloomy and rainy for the next week, but hey, this is Oregon so we have green everything! 
After driving to Albany and picking her up, we headed back home. Like everywhere else, most of our local businesses are closed. I did stop at the IGA in Albany earlier today, and got a few things but I will have to go out again next week for groceries. Lydia wasn’t hungry and only wanted soup and only ate a small portion of that. Later, we watched tv until bedtime.    
     
Saturday, Mar 28th, 2020……  Except for walking Rylee, we didn’t leave the house today. Very quiet day just relaxing and watching tv. As I was instructed, I added a flavor packet to the crockpot roast that sis had assembled yesterday and left in our fridge. I got that going at 8:00am for slow cooking all day. She came over later and we ate and spent a nice evening just relaxing and talking and watching tv.    

No comments:

Post a Comment