About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #52 – Getting Better & Going to a Wedding


Wednesday, August 11th., 2021……  Still trying to stay in and recover. Today is much better than yesterday. Cathye’s tlc is working!  She headed off to the house this morning with my sister. As mentioned, Corey is there and will be taking a load of cardboard to the dump. And Greg is there loading up all of the metal around the place for scrap. Penny and Cathye are sorting through the rest to determine if it goes to another charity or if it’s just junk for the dump. There is really nothing left of value in the outbuildings, so we no longer need to lock those up. Next step is when we go there and stage everything for the final load to come here. There is a light at the end of that tunnel!  

Thursday, August 12th., 2021……  I’m feeling much better! My only symptom now is a dry cough. Next up is getting the junk out of my lungs.  But for now, not too bad.  We were out early with the girls and talked with our neighbors to the west, Rich and Linda. They are celebrating their 50th anniversary this year and their party is next Saturday. They have been out working on the yard for a few days now. Even though the weather is HOT, they are out there pulling weeds and cleaning up. Linda has been trying to get Kirk to do the mulch job before the party but he doesn’t have time to do the weeding, so they have taken that to task!  Meanwhile, our weeds are now popping up from our mulch beds. That will go on the list for Kirk and his guys next week. I need to mow and string trim around the house though.  I’m just waiting for the weather to cooperate – and to feel a little better!  I felt good enough to make a run out to the house to help organize the loads for pickup. We managed to get stacks set up with items to donate. We will need to move them out because they will be here tomorrow for pickup.  We left there and headed down to Eugene for another round of tattoo removal for Cathye.  Then we had an appointment with a new contractor, Randy, for work on the trailer. This is a nightmare. Her current contractor has been missing in action for over 4 weeks with absolutely no communication. So, she is firing him and going with another contractor for the finishing touches. We made a punch list (23 items) and went over them with him. This is looking good, given his contacts he might be able to get things done!

The plan tonight was to go to Monteith Park for the John Michael Montgomery concert. We also had been invited to Ixtapa’s for dinner. Misty’s daughter, Kennedy, is getting married this weekend and she has a ton of family here and they were going to dinner. We chose dinner because the weather was way too hot to go to the concert. We had a nice meal. I am meeting more and more folks and found out this weekend that Misty and her Mom Lona, are actually related to Cathye (via previous marriages). It’s hard to keep up so I just meet the new people and smile!    

Friday, August 13th., 2021…...  Temps in the high 90s today! We also went to Home Depot in Albany to check out dishwashers. They had the make (Bosch) and model that we wanted but didn’t have the right color. They thought there might be one in the Salem store so I volunteered to go up and check it out. Ashley was bringing Sophie over to see Cathye and visit for a while so she stayed home to wait for them.  Turns out Home Depot did have the dishwasher so I picked that up and brought it back to the house. We’ll drop it off at the trailer tomorrow morning.   

Saturday, August 14th., 2021……  We were up and early this morning. We went to breakfast with Penny and she came over to the trailer and we dropped off the dishwasher and then came back here to mow.  The girls got the field taken care of easily but I struggled with the lawn. It was really thick and since I had left the sprinklers on last night (my bad!), it was really too wet to mow. I got the blades clogged up several times and just quit for the day.  Plus, we had received a call from Misty that they could use two of Cathye’s popup awnings for the reception at the church filed. So, we went over and got both of them together and dropped them off and set them up for them. We headed back home and showered and rested for a short period of time before we had to go. The wedding was scheduled for 3:00pm and we made it there early. The service was outside with no protection so they kept it short and sweet! 






We moved our chairs under the tents and then went through the food line. We stayed for the cake cutting (inside) then left along with most of the older guests so the younger folks could get on with the party in the heat!     

Sunday, August 15th., 2021…...  Busy day today. Cathye went to church and when she got back, Penny came over here and they went through the Lydia’s remaining clothes. I want to take some down to her friends when we go to SoCal next month. Some they kept and the others will go to a section of The Sweet Home Food Bank where they distribute clothes like food – to whoever needs it. I feel good about that!  Later in the day, we went to dinner at Pizza Schmizza and came home and rested.     

Monday, August 16th., 2021…… Today is another busy day!  After walking the dogs, we had breakfast and then I moved the rv out of the garage and got it ready to wash. It was hot today so we wanted to get it done before it got even hotter! 




The dogs watched!

Then I fired up the zero turn and we finished the lawn. I had a few more mishaps with wet grass and made some serious gouges in the lawn plus got the mower stuck in the front ditch! I had to throw myself on the sword and have Cathye pull me out with her truck. Sorry, no pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment