About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

2016 Trip - 5) Branson, MO


Thurs. 6/16… (Branson, MO) This morning was fishing day! We were told not to come down too early as there has been fog on the river which doesn’t lift until about 9:00.  So we went at 8:00!  We knew which boat so we loaded up and waited.  At about 9:00 we went downriver to one of my favorite spots and caught fish right away. Rick caught the first.  Let me explain this place.  We are actually fishing Lake Taneycomo which is technically the White River, which comes out of the dam at Table Rock Lake. When they discovered the river water was really cold they decided to stock it with trout, both rainbow and brown. They open the dam and the river can run really fast.  But today it was not opened until later in the day.  We caught fish after fish and it really didn’t slow down much all day.  I decided that I would release all fish (daily limit is four).  Good choice as I had four in about 10 minutes! We fished until about 2:30 and Rick caught 20 and I managed 39.  We brought the boat back to the boat slip and cleaned up and checked out and paid.  Jon boats w/25hp motor rent for $90 full day.  We will go back again on Saturday when Bill can join us.  The rv guy was a no show. Lydia will call him in the morning. We had dinner in. Lydia fixed corn on the cob and a wedge salad.  Janie brought strawberry shortcake. 

  

Fri. 6/17…… (Branson, MO)   Lydia went to town this morning to get her nails done and I hung around waiting for the rv tech. Meanwhile Bill & Treasa made it into camp this morning.  They had their motorhome repair work done in Albuquerque and spent the last few days catching up.  We all have tickets to see Sara Evans in concert and they didn’t want to miss that. Steve’s Mobil RV Service finally made it here. I was able to tell him what we were dealing with.  He checked things out and found we have weak batteries. Also have a bad solenoid that charges coach batteries when we drive.  He’s ordered a new one.  We had a bad connector going to the ac so that’s fixed now.  Since the work is covered by my warranty (w/$200.00 deductible) I told him to go ahead and replace the coach batteries (those are not covered). That done we were in a time crunch to get fed and then get to the concert. Steve said the best fast food was Steak n Shake.  He was right! It was one of the best hamburgers I have had in a long while! We will go back! After the quick dinner we headed off to the concert.  Sara Evans is a native of Missouri and her mom and other family members were there so she was a little nervous.  But it didn’t affect her performance.  It was a dynamite show.

 






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment