About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #10 – Watching the Super Bowl & Some Target Practice

 


Sunday, February 7th., 2021…… SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!  Yaay!  Today was really nice out. There is rain in the forecast but later in the day. I’m ok with that. I had Rylee out and walked and fed and then ate breakfast.  I hung around the house most of the day watching taped programs. I got a lot finished before the game started. The game. Ok, time to get serious. I don’t care much about either team. Since I’m a Peyton Manning fan, I’m not into Tom Brady. But he is the best and a hall of famer for sure. You can’t take that away from him. After the first half, I was convinced that the refs were the best money can buy!  I saw later that everyone thought the same thing – that every call that could go against KC went against KC. Even pass interference penalties that were uncatchable!  And then there was the halftime show. I’m sure there are younger folks out there that appreciate The Weeknd. Not so much for me. Plus, since I do not know his songs, I only could pick up about one or two words. Didn’t miss much in my opinion. The second half was more of a football game. I have to admit that the Bucs played well and the Chiefs didn’t!  Brady’s influence to get players to come to his team sure paid off. Good on ya!  Done and done.       

Monday, February 8th., 2021……  We’ve got some cold weather coming in. They say the arctic winds that could come down this way would most certainly bring snow to the lower elevations. Only problem is we didn’t get the winds.  I was up and out early because I had my acupuncture appointment this morning. I always try to get an 8:00 am appointment, just to get there and done before the day gets going. Today I was planning on meeting up with my sister at Costco. The appointment worked out so that I was in the Costco parking lot by 9:30am. We shopped and each got stocked up and I headed back home. I got everything put away and settled in for the rest of the morning. Later, I made breakfast for dinner and watched tv until bedtime.

Tuesday, February 9th., 2021…… We had some rain last night. Again, the weather warmed up so no snow. I was up and out with Rylee and then headed off to get myself some breakfast. Today was vacuum day. I sure wish I had Rylee’s hair! I would even take the stuff I have to clean up!  I had to dump the large vacuum canister twice to get everything!   

Wednesday, February 10th., 2021…… Today was kind of chilly, but not too bad. Still no weather cold enough for snow. I took off and went to Albany to Harbor Freight and then to Habitat for Humanity in both Albany and in Corvallis. I was looking at both of those stores for a cabinet for the laundry room. No luck on that but I found a really nice mini fridge that I couldn’t pass up. It was marked at $45. but I misread that. The guy pulled it off the floor and took it to the dock and I went to pay. I told them at the register that it was marked at $40. And with my military discount, I only paid $34.00 for it. I brought it home and was met by my sister and Butch. They were here to shoot on my property. Penny wanted to fire a couple of types of shotguns and I have the place for that. They set up some water bottles and a target and they shot




 while I cleaned up and installed the fridge in the shop.




I brought in the shelves and got them done and sis came in after that and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with them. We drove to Pizza Schmizza and had a nice meal. Thanks, sis! I came back home and rested for the day. No dinner since I had a big lunch!  I watched the Daytona 500 qualifying and then later, watched the first episode of this season’s Tough As Nails and then The Masked Dancer. I got Oscar De La Hoya right!  They are now down to the final four. I got sleepy and shut down and went to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment