About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, February 4, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #8 – Getting More Tools! & Getting Out for a Bit

 


Saturday, January 30th., 2021…… The weather is very nice today. A little chilly (45º) but not bad. I stayed in for the day and made my breakfast after walking and feeding Rylee. Today was a mini-vac day. That means I just use the stick vac to get all of the furry bits around the house. Once that was done, I hung around and relaxed and watched tv for most of the day. Today was the start of the ‘Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona’ race. They televise sections of the race so I taped all of those through tomorrow. 

Sunday, January 31st., 2021……  Nothing on the agenda for today so I slept in (till about 7:30). The weather is about the same. I was hoping for sunny skies but that didn’t happen. I finished up the day pretty much hanging around the house and finishing the Daytona race. This year they have 5 separate types of cars racing, so it’s interesting to try to keep track of the race leaders in any given class. I think they had a total of 16 hours televised. I fixed spinach ravioli for dinner and settled in and watched all of the race.   

Monday, February 1st., 2021…… I was up and going early this morning and had Rylee out and walked and fed before 7:30am.  After reading my paper and doing the word jumble, I took off and headed out. I wanted to go to Habitat for Humanity to see if they had anything that would work for my laundry room cabinet. Both the Albany and Corvallis stores are closed on Mondays, so I ventured up to Salem to see what that store had. I had never been so it was an adventure – but what the heck, I wasn’t doing anything today anyway. I drove through some rain showers but it was a nice drive nonetheless. I stopped and drove thru McDonalds for breakfast and then found the place and went in. I was impressed. Each of the habitat stores are different, some better than others.  This one was very impressive. They had a good-sized store and everything was nice and organized and tidy. I didn’t find what I wanted and didn’t see anything that I had to have today, so I left empty-handed and drove back home. But this one is on my list to check out from time to time. Later, after I got back, I took Rylee out and then relaxed and watched more of today’s taped Friends episodes. I’m also back to watching BattleBots again. This season they don’t have the audience so it’s different, but everything else is too, what with no race tracks, football stadiums, or studios occupied with anyone (or smaller audiences if permitted).  I got curious when I was watching them work on the bots in their ‘pit area’.  It looked very familiar, like a shop I had seen somewhere. I went on Google and learned that they film the show in Long Beach. They gave the address and the Google Earth app shows it is at the old Boeing location just off of Cherry Street. I have been in that building before!  I knew it!  Later, I threw a chicken pot pie in the oven and that was about it for my Monday.   

Tuesday, February 2nd., 2021…… The weather is nicer today. They say we have a few more days of light rain but there are blue skies predicted for at least part of the day. I had Rylee out for a romp in the grass and the field and she goes nuts!  We have field mice and she’s discovered that she can dig her nose in the ground and they will shove dirt back at her!

This is just after her dig today….

 

I received my DeWalt saw yesterday and took it out to the shop today and put the battery in it. I really like it!  Here are pics of those I have and/or on order….



Kirk’s dad is going through some medical procedures so he’s not here today. He has Justin working for him again so he and Carter were here today. Rylee goes crazy when they show up!  She can’t wait to go out and see them!  After they had left for the day, I came back in and worked on my bill spreadsheet. I also found some more medical payments that we made this year that were not on my tax compilation sheet so I amended that. It’s amazing how much out-of-pocket we paid even with insurance!  Or course, most of that was for Lydia’s chemo meds that were over and above our tier coverage.  I am waiting for one more tax document (last year’s refund doc coming from the state) and then I can schedule my tax meeting. I decided to call in an order for pickup from Dos Arbolitos and went to get that then settled in and watched tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment