About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #9 – Waiting for My Vaccine & Shopping for a Trailer

 


Wednesday, February 3rd., 2021…… Been monitoring the Oregon covid websites and I am signed up to receive a daily update on vaccines. They are running on schedule (or so they say), so they are saying my age group (people 70 and older) is now eligible on Feb. 22nd.  The 80+ folks are eligible Feb. 8th, then the 75+ are set for Feb. 15., then me. 65+ (Penny) is set for Mar. 1st.  But all of us who have tested positive may find ourselves not eligible because they say we have between a 30-90 day immunity. So that may push us all out a bit. We’ll see…

I made myself a salad and ate the rest of my burrito for dinner and settled in and watched The Masked Dancer. I missed out on The Exotic Bird. I had heard the judges banter around Jordin Sparks but I didn’t get that one. They are now down to the final four. My guesses haven’t changed but I’m still keeping Dorothy Hamil as The Tulip even though none of the new clues are going in that direction. My other picks are: Tara Lipinski for The Cotton Candy, Oscar De La Hoya for The Zebra, and either Mark Balas or Max Chmerkovskiy for The Sloth.     

Thursday, February 4th., 2021……  I had Quincy last night for a sleepover because my sister had an early dermatology appointment this morning. So, I got up early, got showered and dressed, and then took both girls out for a romp in the yard.  Quincy is getting a little old for heavy running so they mostly spend time exploring and doing their business in the field. I have a ball on a string that I can get them to go after but only a few times each and they’re done.  Once that was done and after I cleaned them up and dried them off and fed them, I headed over to Kevin’s to pick up my call-in order for breakfast. After that, I got my cans and bottles loaded in the car, and then - after Sis got back from her appointment and had her breakfast - went over and got her and her recycles and we drove over to the center in Albany and ran them through the machines. I got $52.80 and she got $48.20 so it was a pretty good trip! I took her home and came home and rested for a while. I got out my vacuum and it’s still sitting where I left it. Maybe tomorrow… Later, I got out everything to make Lydia’s squiggly noodle casserole but found I needed tomato soup, so I made a quick trip to Walmart and got that and a few other items. I got everything together and, in the oven, and 45 minutes later I was scarfing up a yummy meal! I have some leftover for tomorrow too. I thought tonight The Hustler was on but not so. It shows it will be back next Thursday. So, I filled in with other taped shows until calling it a night.

Friday, February 5th., 2021…… I was up and out early this morning and had Rylee walked and fed and then went and got myself some breakfast.  I settled back in and looked on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist on my phone.  I am still looking for a trailer to haul my zero turn (and lumber, equipment, etc.). They are available up here but I also have been searching the dealers and the ads in California and Washington. Turns out California is way cheaper than both Washington and Oregon.   I have decided to make a call to California today. I am finding that Carson Trailer in Cali, is showing the same type of trailers in their inventory that I am looking for. The prices that they are showing are much cheaper there. I have already talked to Randy and if I can make a deal, he said he will drive there (they have lots in Norco, Gardena, Bakersfield, and Kingsburg) and will pick it up and bring it up here.  

Ok, talked with the guy at Carson trailer and ended up placing an order. Problem is that they are 8-12 weeks out, so I won’t be getting it for a while.  The good thing is that the price was way cheaper, even with the ramps that I added on. Here is the 6.5’x16’ model I got…


The good news is that for way less money than I would have to spend up here for even a used one, I am getting one that is brand new!  They are even having it delivered to the Kingsburg location so Randy only has to haul it from there.

I ended up the day hanging around the house. I washed and dried three loads of clothes, that was about it for the day.  Later, I heated up my casserole and had a cobb salad with it. Tv until bedtime...      

Saturday, February 6th., 2021…… Not much going on today. The weather is good then bad. One day it’s raining, then it’s sunny. The temps aren’t too bad though. They say we could get some extreme cold coming in and that would give us some possibilities for snow again. It has been two years since we saw any significant snow where I am. So, we’ll see…  

I did some cleaning and mostly resting today. That was about it. I made spinach ravioli and then left to head over to my sister’s house. As I left my driveway, I saw this girl in my neighbor’s tree!

 

I can’t see enough hawks and eagles up here! They always fascinate me!     

Janice was down here for the day (and night) so they were having a little wine party.  I brought over two bottles and we had a very nice time. I made it home with no issues and watched a only little bit of my taped supercross race because I was falling asleep - so I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment