About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #13 – Dealing With the Cold and the New Meds



Wednesday, February 6th., 2019…...   Nice weather for sleeping! I wanted to just stay in bed this morning but Miss Alarm Clock likes to keep me on a schedule. So, I got up and fed her and then went back to bed for a few minutes. After she eats, she wants to play so I mean a few minutes! I got up and got showered and dressed and took her out for our walk. Quincy was already out in our field and Rylee doesn’t care for a long walk once she sees them out there. She pooped and turned around and started pulling me back toward home. I brought her back and got barely in the driveway and let her off leash to go play with the Quince. Of course, she ran through the water again and again so my sister hosed her off and I had to dry her before she could come back in the house. You’d think the cold water would bother her. NOT!  After that, I took off and got breakfast and coffee/tea and came home to relax for a bit. After lunch, Lydia had a nail appointment and took off for that. I only had one item on my agenda for today so I went out and started the motorhome (I do that weekly) and let it run for a while. I also check inside and outside of the coach just to make sure everything is in order. All of the systems are good to go. I will need to air up all of the tires but I will have them do that when I take it in the next few months for the front tires I’m planning to buy. I ran the tv in the rv for a bit and checked to see what I had taped out there that I might need to watch. Good on that as well.
When Lydia got back, we cleaned out the fridge. Tomorrow is trash day and we don’t run any food in the garbage disposal so we just have to toss it in the trash. Lydia fixed dinner and I took the cans out and then closed up everything for the night.          

Thursday, February 7th., 2019……  Still really cold out! We wanted to take Rylee and head out for a drive somewhere today but the sun didn’t come out and it didn’t warm up at all. The frost stayed on the ground and it’s still nicer to just stay inside. So, that’s what we did. We did go out and pick up Lydia’s prescription plus stopped across the street at Walmart to get a few things. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same with more snow possible at the lower elevations.  The news this evening said snow is probable for the entire Willamette Valley starting Friday night and lasting through the weekend. We are ok with food so we don’t need to go out for anything. This was just to get a couple of items while we were out. Later, I started dinner while Lydia went back to get the last of the prescriptions (they were out of stock on one item and it came in this afternoon). We had fish sandwiches so dinner was easy. We watched the Masked Singer. I had zeroed in on The Raven as a talk show host last time but didn’t know which one. When one of the judges guessed Rikki Lake, we both knew that’s who it was even before she got unmasked.  I think I know who the Rabbit, the Peacock, and the Bee are.  I’ve told Lydia but I won’t post here in case you are playing along in the guessing (text me and I’ll share). I’m still piecing together clues for the Monster, the Alien, and the Lion. But if they turn out to be new gen millennial pop artists, I probably won’t have a clue. I missed on Antonio Brown, but I got Tommy Chong, Terry Bradshaw, Margaret Cho, and Tori Spelling. Some I got from the clues, but for Chong and Bradshaw, I figured out by voice and mannerisms.            
  
Friday, February 8th., 2019…... Just a dusting of snow here this morning. No black ice so the roads were fine to drive on. We left a little before 9:00am to meet my sister for breakfast. We wanted to try J&C BBQ. They had a food/catering truck before and have moved into an old café here in town. They serve breakfast and so we went there this morning. The food was really good. The prices are kinda high. I had chicken fried steak, 2 eggs, hash browns, toast for $15.95. When you think about it, I guess that’s not too much higher than the other places up here. But they also have a lite menu so we’ll check that out next time. Plus, we need to come back and try the bbq. Thanks for breakfast, Sis! Lydia is on her new meds and they cause her some bathroom issues so we stayed close to home today. The breakfast trip was the only time we left the house. Also, heavier snow is predicted in the valley this weekend. I spent some time gathering up my files for taxes. Even though we have a nice simple filing this year (one residence), I think we’ll still go to our tax lady because she knows the state better than we do.  
Turns out we had no more snow today. Lydia made her squiggly noodle casserole and since I skipped lunch, I was ready when it was ready! Terrific as usual, plus I have some left over for lunch tomorrow! We ended up the evening watching our taped programs and then went to bed early.      

No comments:

Post a Comment