About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #15 – Drs. and More Drs. on Valentine’s Day


 

Tuesday, February 12th., 2019…...  Today was rainy and cooler. My sister had a couple of doctor’s appointments and I drove her up to Salem for those. We thought we might get some snow flurries but it wasn’t cold enough for that. When we left it was just sprinkling and it did rain on us most of the day, but no snow. I took her to the first stop at the hospital and then we drove around and stopped at Big 5 before heading to the second appointment. We had enough time to eat beforehand so we stopped at Firehouse Subs for lunch. Thanks for lunch Sis!  When we got home, Rylee was ready and waiting! I played with her and my watch flew off my wrist! I found that the watch band had come apart and we couldn’t find the missing piece. This is my Boeing 40th anniversary watch so I will definitely be looking for a new band for it. Lydia had eaten lunch and wasn’t too hungry and since I had a nice lunch, we decided to just make some egg salad sandwiches for dinner. Plus, she had just got some nice fresh ranch eggs from my sister. They were tasty but boiled fresh eggs are always harder to peel! We tried the ice water thing and that worked but still not easy….  After dinner we watched the last of our taped Guys Grocery Games and then watched our own taped shows before going to bed. 

Wednesday, February 13th., 2019……  Nothing planned for today. I was going to go over to my sister’s and install the ceiling fans but she had appointments today and was in no hurry. So, I installed the new towel bars in our master bath. There were four of them so it took a few hours, but was pretty easy to do. The only task left in there is to install the cabinet above the toilet. I will do that tomorrow.  Lydia had picked out the freestanding style but now thinks she wants the thing wall-mounted. I’ll put it in assembled and let her think it over and decide. She didn’t get anything out for dinner so I made a Jack in the Box run and got us dinner. We cleaned up the house a bit and did the fridge cleanup as well because tomorrow is trash day. Then it was tv until bedtime.
     
Thursday, February 14th., 2019…... ♥♥♥♥♥♥ HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ♥♥♥♥♥♥ !!!  It wasn’t for us! It started out ok. I took Rylee out in the rain and then got back and changed shoes and then fixed breakfast. Lydia headed out to do a requested rerun of her last blood test. They didn’t like the numbers. She said she had some pain in her side but drove herself there. When she got home, she wasn’t feeling any better so she called her Nephrologist (Dr. Leonard) to tell her about it and said she was going to the ER to have it checked out. They have lowered her cellcept in an attempt to get the antibiotics to work to help clear up her diverticulitis. The labs from Monday came back with a lower count than the dr. liked. That’s why the retest. Lydia felt the pain might be the start of a rejection - and that’s not fun – so she went to have it checked out. We got there and she got through triage and into a bed really quickly. We explained the situation and they ran another set of labs and found that the kidney is functioning like it’s supposed to and the numbers looked good. So, they sent her home with follow up with the nephrologist. That made her feel a whole lot better. Dr. Leonard’s office called back later in the day and said they had seen the er reports and want her to go back again on Monday and do the same labs again so they can compare. Plus, she will be going on Tuesday to see Dr. Leonard for her scheduled appointment. So, the day did get better!  But we stayed around the house and didn’t do anything special for the day! I did install that cabinet but it’s not secured yet. That can wait.
Later in the day, I helped her cook and we had a nice quiet dinner and spent the evening relaxing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment