About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #14 – A Little Snow and Colder Temps


Saturday, February 9th., 2019…...  No snow. Just a lot of rain last night. Our back lawn is a mushy swamp!  The field behind it is different grass and is a bit higher so out there is not as bad. Penny came by with Quincy and Lydia let Rylee out while I took off to get breakfast/coffee/tea. My favorite stop is always at Starbucks, where I always get chai tea for Lydia and sometimes coffee for me. They are always so friendly and sometimes we talk about the upcoming day. Jade asked about my plans for today. I told her not much planned and I mentioned my blog. I gave her a card with the blog site on it. Maybe she’ll check it out sometime.
Sis left Quincy for the day. She fed her and left and Quince always gets up on our bed and vegges out for the day.  After their morning run, Rylee leaves her alone and they both rest in separate rooms. As I said, I had no plans. I did go out to the shop to start to take apart the broken recliner. But I didn’t fire up any heat so I didn’t stay out there too long. By the time I came in and settled in, Lydia had started dinner. Once we ate, I only had to let monster puppy out once or twice and then it was time to go to bed.  We let super pooper out for one last pee and found that the snow was just starting up!

Sunday, February 10th., 2019……  I woke up around 12:30am and went to the bathroom. Then it was butthead’s turn. The snow was only about an inch at that time but it was coming down hard enough to scare Rylee. She didn’t even leave the porch. We went back to bed and she woke me up about 3:30 so I knew she had to go NOW. It had stopped snowing but there was probably 2” on the ground. She managed to do both businesses and then I wiped her down and we went back to bed. This morning the snow had totally stopped, but it left a nice white canvas out there! I got showered and took the monkey butt out for her walk. She totally now loves the snow! Plus, she’s found it tastes great!  We saw tons of deer tracks and what I thought were tracks from a dog that went right through our front yard! But I don’t think Ollie was here this early. Next, I thought cougar but now think they were too small and could be just coyote tracks. It was only one but, still – in our front yard! We don’t want coyotes here! That’s why I bought my new pellet gun!
While I was out on my walk, I took this pic of the front of the house.



We face north so most of this snow will hang around even after the backyard melts. I have a 2x6 out in front of the rv garage as a transition piece. There was 2-3” of snow on it so we did get a bit more than the last snow.  Last year we had one snowfall at 1”. This is the second snowfall so far this year and the most we’ve seen (so far).   After we got back in, Lydia made breakfast, but stopped for a bit so we could call and wish Bill & Treasa a HAPPY 40th ANNIVERSARY!  We talked for a bit and she told us she was hanging around the house recovering from her recent knee surgery. They’ve had their share of snow too (they live in Springboro, OH) but it’s just rainy there now. They get more snow plus their temps get down into the single digits and sometimes lower. Brrrr!
I spent my day watching tv. Motocross was taped plus the Nascar season is getting started.  That kept me entertained. Of course, Rylee wants out every ten minutes. When Lydia is sitting in her chair, she can keep an eye on her and I also get up often to let her out. She’s made yellow snow and ‘poopsickles’ several times just this afternoon!
  
Monday, February 11th., 2019…... No more snow. What we had on the ground yesterday was gone by day’s end. We did get some high winds and a bit of rain throughout the night. It was sprinkling when I took Rylee out for our walk this morning.  The winds were blowing and it was enough to get my pant legs a bit too wet, so I changed. Lydia had labs to do this morning so we headed off for that around 9:00am. Since we were out, we decided to stop for breakfast. We chose Kevin’s and it was very good, as always! After we got home, I went out to the shop and worked on dismantling the old recliner. It was raining off and on and I decided to shut down and came back in between showers. I was in for the afternoon. I changed out of my jeans and put on my sweats and relaxed in my recliner and watched tv.  But it turned out that Lydia didn’t get anything out for dinner and we didn’t want leftovers tonight, and she was hungry for Mexican food, so she decided that we should go out to Ixtapa’s. Yep - I changed again and off we went. Dinner was good and we both ate a lighter meal. Nothing else planned so we came back home and I let muttley out to pee. The sprinkles continued through the evening but that was fine - we were done for the day.  We watched a couple more Guy’s Grocery Games and before turning to our delayed tape of America’s Got Talent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment