About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #16 – Dinner With Friends and Work on the House and the Honda


 

Friday, February 15th., 2019…...  We woke up early this morning – or rather Rylee woke us up early. She wants her breakfast! I got up and took care of that and just stayed up. I showered and took her out for our walk then went and got breakfast/coffee/tea. Lydia is feeling better. I think she’ll still be taking it easy for a few days. I had a few things to do today. I needed to address the dead battery on the Honda. I added water to the cells and jump started it. I drove it around and parked it. We’ll see if it starts or not tomorrow. Then I worked on the bathroom cabinet. Lydia has decided that she doesn’t like the thing free standing behind the toilet. So, I cut the legs off and then painted over those cut marks to match the cabinet. It will get mounted to the wall, I think a little higher up than it was. I won’t work on it again today but it should go up with little effort.  We are heading out to dinner tonight with Janice and Penny. We’re going to McGrath’s, a fish house in Corvallis. They came over before 4:00pm and we headed out. I drove. We had a nice meal 



and then went next door to Kmart. This store is going out of business at the end of the month. They didn’t have much left but we all found something we couldn’t leave without. They are even selling all of the racks, shelving, fixtures, and everything in the back warehouse. They had three rolling ladders (like the ones you see at Lowes or Home Depot) and I am looking for one for my rv garage. But it turned out that all three of them had sold stickers on them. Damn – missed out!         

Saturday, February 16th., 2019……  Weather is better today. Nothing but a few sprinkles now and then. Still not sunny though. Quincy came over this morning and played with Rylee after we got back from our walk. While she was out there, she made her drag strip run through the water! My sister hosed her down and we dried her off and she was good to go!  I spent most of the day watching tv and relaxing. We did go to Walmart later and did some grocery shopping. Our Walmart just remodeled and added more Scan and Go registers. They added some with belts so you can scan more than a few items. We tried it and with a bit of help on the produce sold by weight, it went well. Lydia got stuff for chili and got that going right after we got home. She spent some time on the phone with her sister (Frances) while the pot simmered. She used our Oster french door oven to make a batch of cornbread. She’s still getting used to that thing and got the top a little crispy. But it was still delicious. The chili came out really nice, given it wasn’t on the stove all day like she usually makes it. I took super pooper out for a run/walk and then checked the Honda on the way in. It started but after I shut it off it wouldn’t turn over the second time. It was getting late so I left it for the night. Next step is to clean the terminals. If it’s the battery itself, I will need to find the Walmart receipt in case I need to return it.  We watched our programs until bedtime.
     
Sunday, February 17th., 2019…... Even though the weather was nice today (sunshine and blue skies), the only time we left the house was when I took Rylee out for our morning walk. Lydia made omelets for breakfast and after I cleaned up the kitchen, we spent the rest of the day just relaxing around the house. Of course, I have to keep muttley occupied. She’s always coming up to my chair with that ‘come on Grampy, play with me!’ look on her face. We play with her toys and I let her chase me around the house until I get tired. We need a few more sunny days so the lawn can dry out. Then we can go out and play on the grass. I watched my taped motocross race from yesterday and then some of the pre-show before the Daytona 500. I let the race tape for about an hour before starting it. That way I can fast forward through all of the commercials. The truck race on Friday and the Xfinity race on Saturday were wreck-fests. I expected more of the same for the 500. I called it right. But it was entertaining. We ate a nice dinner and settled in to our taped shows and then called it a night.       

No comments:

Post a Comment