About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #69 – Getting Chores Done & Enjoying the Tour de France

Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020…… This morning when I was out with Rylee on our walk, I took a picture of the contrails heading south from PDX.

 

There were twice as many as in this pic! I also snapped a shot of the front yard, taken from the street, looking over the front island. This is after mowing.

I think it looks pretty good, especially this late in summer, with zero rain so far.  Seeing this reminds me that I have a couple of projects to do – the trees up by the house need to be cut back. The one on the left has a sucker tree of a different kind, growing up through it. That’s a Kirk job. The other one is up against the house but I can get that one from the ground, and will do that when it’s cooler.  Always a project! 

I finally received notice that Lydia’s pension has been adjusted and I have received all of the back pay for that. So that means that I now have all of my estate changes (beneficiaries, checking, pension, SS, etc.) all completed!  I’m still working on the Letter of Instruction that my estate attorney recommended and that will complete that task!  Phew!  

Later, I had TGIFridays honey bbq wings for dinner. It was the first time I fixed them. I even had to toss the wings in the sauce like they do at Buffalo Wild Wings!  It was tasty and I will definitely be getting some more of those! I watched the first part of the Tough As Nails finale but saved the rest for tomorrow.        

Thursday, September 3rd, 2020……  Nothing on the agenda today. Plus, it’s going to be in the high 90’s today, so I won’t be going out much. After taking Rylee out, I did make an early run to Walmart to get some things, among them some new kitchen towels and also am entry rug for the back slider. After I got everything put away, I did some laundry, washing those new towels along with others I gathered up. I also sat down at the computer desk and did my checkbook and did my worksheet so that’s all caught up.  Rylee got two runs out in the pool before lunch and a few in the afternoon.  I watched the rest of Tough As Nails and the Tour de France. I had a couple of sandwiches and some chips and then some fruit cocktail for linner. Then it was tv until bedtime. Randy called and we talked for a long time. It’s always nice to hear from him. I think he’s planning another trip up here before Christmas. Cool!  I also talked with Sandie, who calls me regularly to check in and see how I’m doing. I like to hear from everyone and am glad some folks have put me on their call list.   

Friday, September 4th, 2020……  Much cooler today.  It is supposed to only get into the 80’s so that’s good. We have fires going on in Washington and in Oregon (over the Cascades to the east of us), but so far, the smoke has been staying away from our area.  Fingers crossed. I got up early this morning and got the monkeybutt out for her walk, then headed off to Kevin’s for an early breakfast and to meet up with Teri, who had to be at work by 9:00am. It was quick and I was back home and had the Tour on and got caught up on that. I needed to go out to get Penny’s lawnmower out of my potting shed so I could take a picture of it. It’s going up for sale. It’s in storage here because Kirk does her lawn now, so it will be going up to Cherrelyn’s son in Washington. We just needed to show him what he’s buying. I also drained the regular gas out of the pressure washer and replaced it with non-ethanol, like I was told to. It fired up and I finished the cleanup out in front of the shop garage. It sure looks better now!  That was the extent of my day. Because I ate a nice big breakfast, I held off on lunch and had an early dinner.  Sis called on the way home from Costco. She got ribs so we will be having a bbq here on Labor Day.  I will need to wipe down the patio table and chairs in case we want to eat outside, but that’s only a small task and I’ll be ready.   

Saturday, September 5th, 2020……  I only had a few things to do today. But after walking Rylee, I decided to just hang around the house. I did give her a bath though. This time I took her into the shower and used the shower chair, which I could adjust down to sit on to help reach easier. That went well and now she looks clean and smells good again. But I’m sure it won’t be long before she gets out in the yard and gets dirty again!  I watched my races today and that kept me inside where it was cooler. I found a package of cooked shrimp in the freezer so I opened that and cooked mixed it with some rice and had a quick and easy dinner, with leftovers for tomorrow. More tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment