About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #71 – Smoke and Fire!


Thursday, September 10th, 2020…… I went to bed early and went right to sleep! I woke up this morning feeling rested. Yaay!   Smoke is still all around here but lessened a bit this morning.


I got out and walked and then fed butthead and then left to go to the lab to give blood ahead of my upcoming physical next week. Once I was done with that, I stopped and picked up breakfast and took it home.  About 2 hours later, I was shocked to see an email file with a link to my lab results!  I opened them and found that everything was looking good. I feel great and have no issues for next week. Although I do want to ask about some path to take to help restore my sense of smell, which has slowly been fading over the years. My meds (asthma, gerd, cholesterol etc.) have side effects that I have experienced over the 30+ years, and loss of smell being on them, so maybe they can help me.

I thought I would work on the boat carpeting today but that won’t happen. I didn’t want to go out because of the smoke, so I stayed in and worked some more on photo editing for Lydia’s slide show. Still no plans on anything right now. Nothing is opening up in California so I can’t even think about doing anything there for a while.

For dinner tonight, I fixed some burritos and also made orange glazed rolls for dessert tonight and for breakfast tomorrow. Then it was tv until bedtime. I did go to bed early but didn’t sleep hardly at all. I was up several times and watched tv in bed for a bit and that helped.  

 Friday, September 11th, 2020……  I slept in a little later this morning and when I got out of the shower and got dressed, sis was here with Quincy for their walk. We planned dinner tonight. I went out and got breakfast and coffee and then spent the rest of the smoky day inside the house, mostly on Facebook and also getting birthday wishes via text messages. I heard from the kids and several others throughout the day. I have been overwhelmed today with all of these wonderful birthday wishes!  Thank you so much to friends and family. You have helped make my day very special. To top it off, we went out to Pizza Schmizza for a nice dinner!  Interestingly, with all of the good food there, not one of us had pizza! 


It was a good day.        

Saturday, September 12th, 2020…… Slept way better last night. I got up and dressed and walked butthead and then made coffee and fixed myself some scrambled eggs for breakfast!   This is another smoky day so I’m staying in again. Today I had the Tour de France to watch plus last night’s Xfinity and today's Cup and Indy races, so I had plenty to keep me interested!   For dinner I had leftover Chicken Alfredo Pasta from last night.       

Sunday, September 13th, 2020…… Still tons of smoke out there!  They say the rains are coming but now it’s expected Tuesday morning instead of Monday evening. Can’t get here soon enough! At least the heat is gone for a while. It was down in the high 40’s when I went out with Rylee this morning. Pretty soon I’ll have to switch from AC to heat!  I went out and picked up breakfast and coffee and then went home and settled in for the day, watching more tv. I did go out and ran the motorhome for a few minutes. I always walk around the rig and check things out but did so quickly this morning to get back inside and out of the smoke. I stayed inside the rest of the day and fixed myself a light dinner and called it a night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment