About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, March 19, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #19 – More Family Time

 


Monday, March 15th., 2021…… Today the plan was to go over to Albany to have breakfast and do some shopping. We ate at the Sweetwater Café and then I took us to Coastal Farm & Ranch. Randy wanted some more Carhart pants and I was looking for a wheel for the trailer jack. We each found what we wanted and headed back home.  I put the wheel on and then we left to go to Central Bark. I wanted to get 4 five-gallon buckets of crushed rock for the carport entry.  I had some low spots and they made it better. I will see how much that compacts down and maybe go get another 4 later.  I also pulled the boat out so I could cut the carpet and install the seats. I worked on the carpet while Randy added the swivels to the seat pedestals. I sliced my little finger with the carpet knife and had to detour to the house to get it tended to. But we got it all done and the seats are in. I have the battery on the charger. The plan is to take the boat out if the weather cooperates. It will be nice to have him with me if the boat guides are too tight and the boat won’t release off the trailer!        

Tuesday, March 16th., 2021……  Breakfast plans this morning…  We took off around 8:15 or so after I walked Rylee. Sis came by and we took two cars to Eugene. The plan was to go to Butch’s house and then he would drive us all to breakfast. He has a favorite place that makes chicken fried steak and he said it was the best. We all met at his house and he gave Randy a tour of his garage with two motorcycles and his 2005 Corvette. All are very pristine! Then we left and he drove us over to the Prairie Schooner Bar. We all had the chicken fried steak


and I thought it was the best I have had since I’ve been in Oregon!  Plus, the gravy was excellent! After the very fulfilling meal, we headed back and got a tour of his place and he showed us some of his gun collection. He has a ‘man cave’ with his gun safe and reloading bench and materials. It was cool! After a nice visit, Randy and I left and headed north back towards home. I took us back via hwy 99 so we could stop at Tractor Supply. I priced some items for the trailer and Randy bought a few things for his bike rack for the trip back home. Once we made our way home, he loaded up his bike for an afternoon run. He was headed over to Alsea Falls area. I rested and talked with Kirk and let butthead run and soak again in the mud in the back yard. Later, Cherrelyn and Penny brought tacos over for Taco Tuesday. They chose Tony’s Tacos, where she goes a lot, and everything was very good.

We visited for a while and then they headed back home and we relaxed and watched tv until calling it a night.    

Wednesday, March 17th., 2021……  Weather today is really nice. I was out early with Rylee and then fed her.  So, she was done.  I decided to make us breakfast so I scrambled up some eggs with ham and cheese.  Then we planned our day.  I have my appointment for the second covid vaccine today so Randy was looking into another trail to head to for another bike ride. He recently bought a very nice electric mountain bike, which makes it easy for him to cover a lot of ground when he is out.

 

He loaded his bike on his bike rack and headed out. He was headed to Alsea Falls area. I waited a bit then took off to go the Linn County Fairgrounds for my shot.  I timed it to be there earlier than last time to avoid the line, but when I got parked and got the form filled out in the car, I went to get in line but there was none, so to speak. I walked behind an elderly couple who wanted me to go around but I wasn’t in any hurry. I had to go through the medical release desk again because I had tested positive before. But no worries and I was cleared and on my way. I noted that one of her comments was that after the 14-day period after, I could run around without a mask. Yeah, right!  They said that they had more volunteers for today and they were better prepared for all of us today, so got through the line immediately and went to a seat. There was even a volunteer waiting for us with Grandma’s cookie packages!  Even with the 15-min. waiting period after, I was out of there even before my scheduled appointment time!  I got back home and rested. Even later in the day (and up til bedtime), I find I have no reaction from the vaccine. Not even a sore arm so far.  Since Randy was still gone, I texted him and asked if KFC was ok for dinner and went off to get that. He was home before me and we had a nice quiet meal. We settled in and watched Tough as Nails then The Masked Singer.  Both of us got Caitlyn Jenner as The Phoenix. With all of them now performing, I have a few clues and guesses. The others are younger so I’m having trouble with identifying them so far.        

Thursday, March 18th., 2021…… Woke up early this morning. Still no issues from the vaccine. I did find that sleeping on the left arm caused some discomfort, but not too much. I have had headaches but Tylenol works for that. So far, so good. I took Rylee out and then fed her and after that, Randy and I left to meet Aunt Penny at Kevin’s for breakfast. I really had no plans for today. I wanted to take the boat out while he was here but the weather has now turned. We are supposed to get showers today and it’s too cold even without going into the water. Another time. Since the rain was coming later, Randy decided to go on another bike run. This time he wanted to go to Black Rock. He got on the road and then stopped again to check the conditions and found that rec area was closed. So, he went back to Alsea Falls. I hung around the house and rested and played with butthead. When he got back, we thought about chicken for dinner, but I thought we might as well go out again. Tonight, I chose Bigfoot Grille but they were closed when we got there. No reason. Next stop was J&C BBQ but I knew they were out of town (in Texas for a bbq contest). I just didn’t know when they were due back. We missed them so we stopped in at Ma’s Chinese. We got back home and settled in and watched Mecum Auction and NCIS that I had taped. Then we called it a night.       

No comments:

Post a Comment