About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, May 14, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #33 – Meeting Family, Getting My Ears Lowered & Making Plans

 

 

Monday, May 10th., 2021……  Penny and Jerith were heading out on a roadtrip to Washington for a few days, so she had asked me to walk and feed Q this morning. I got up and showered and walked and fed Rylee and then went over there, stopping for coffee for the walk. It takes 30-45 minutes for the loop and we did that and then I fed her and left. Cherrelyn is back home and will feed her tonight, but I’ll still go back and walk her again tomorrow. On the way home, I stopped and got breakfast and came back home. I was behind on the previous blog so I worked on that for a while and got caught up. Cathye is working with a contractor at her new house in the mobile park here in town. He was coming in today to go over a few things and to get the contract signed. She asked me to be there so I got to meet him, see her new place, and meet two of her four best friends. I liked the contractor and her friends!  Gonna be fun times ahead!  She came back here to spend some time with me before heading back to the tasks at hand back at her current house.  Tomorrow Kirk and I will go over to see her place and he will give her an estimate for landscaping for the front yard. This will definitely help with curb appeal for when she puts the house on the market later on. When we got back, I was pretty much done for the day and settled in and ate a light dinner and watched some taped shows until bedtime. 

Tuesday, May 11th., 2021……  I had Rylee out for her walk then went over and did the same for Quincy. I stopped and got breakfast. I want to mow the lawn today but just never got around to it. But I did size and cut the shelving for Jeff’s car display. I also got one coat of paint on them before Kirk got here. I drove him over to Cathye’s and introduced them and then left them to their task while I sat with Corey, Cathye’s grandson. Cathye and I planned our day. Corey’s dad Michael, and his new bride, Crystal, will arrive today from Missouri.  So, after she sees them and gets them settled in, she wants to give them some time together and will come visit me for a while today. Yaay!  Kirk had left Justin here to work and when we got back, he joined him and they made quick work of the weeds on the other side of my creek. I went back to her place later in the day and loaded up some of her stuff that she wants to keep and I volunteered to have her store them here. I also got a few things she wants me to have. I now have a very nice portable generator and an extension ladder nicer than mine!  I came home and unloaded and stored everything and Cathye got here later and we went over to the Hangry Food Truck and got some wraps to bring back home for dinner. She had never been and was astonished by the size of her chicken bacon ranch wrap! Definitely will have leftovers to take home!  I am finding I am so comfortable with her! Aside from her stress from the upcoming celebration and the estate sale, we have some great conversations. She says I am definitely helping her stay calm through all of that process. I hope I’m not just a friendly distraction!  LOL!   Later we said our goodbyes and she headed back home.  I feel lonely now… Does that tell you how I am feeling these days!   

Wednesday, May 12th., 2021…… Today was definitely mowing day. The grass has really taken off and I missed my normal mowing window so it was super tall and thick!  But I went ahead and set my cutter at the normal setting anyway and started in. That was not the smartest decision! It made for a really tough day! I kept clogging up the bagger and the grass chute and had to stop and clear them more than I wanted. But I stayed the course and got it done! I have never had so much grass to dump to date!  I made two trips to the recycle place and still have another loaded and ready for tomorrow!  Cathye was in town running errands and stopped by on her way home for some hugs and gave me a nice break from my otherwise busy day! I will go to the dump tomorrow morning and then finish up the field grass so I stored the zero turn and came in and showered and had my leftover wrap. Oh yeah, she left her wrap here and forgot it again today!  Oh well!  Later, I settled in and watched The Masked Singer. Spoiler Alert! Don’t read any further if you haven’t seen it yet!....

They are now down to the final five. It’s tough because all of them are very good. But someone had to go home. The Russian Doll was unmasked tonight. I had correctly predicted from the beginning that it was Hanson Bros.  For the four remaining, here are my guesses: Piglet I think is Nick Lachey; Chameleon is rapper Wiz Khalifa (known to me only after I googled him); Yeti I think was on the show as a judge but I can’t remember his name; I think Black Swan is JoJo. I remember her as a child actor in the movie, RV. Although not competing, Cluedle-Doo is my wildcard. I first thought it was Joel McHale (and it may still be!) but now I’m thinking they are throwing in a fun curveball. I think he’s Jenny’s hubby, Donnie Wahlberg.  Even if I get these right (probably not!) I am still not doing well on guessing this season. That’s mostly because I don’t follow all genres of music (ps: rap is not music!).  

Thursday, May 13th., 2021…...  I have a recycle run to do this morning so I was up and out early with Rylee. I had bought two Taco Bell breakfast crunchwraps the other day and only ate one so that was breakfast this morning. I will be mowing the field later today. Cathye has a haircut appointment this morning and I am tagging along in hopes of getting in as a walk-in. I put the recycle run on hold so I wouldn’t smell like a wet lawn!

Ok, it’s later now and the walk-in worked!  We both got our haircuts.  I’m sure her hair will grow in quicker. Mine was just a trim because I need all of the help I can get! But she likes it and that’s all that counts! We made a few stops on the way home to get a few things for her grandson’s birthday bbq tonight at her house. She dropped me off at home and I got back to work. I made my grass dump run and completed my second round on the field grass and got everything cleaned up and put away.  Next up (probably tomorrow) is the sprinkler system. We are starting to get warmer weather and less rain so it’s time. These guys (lupine) are just starting to bloom.


 

Color in a garden is always good I say so I want to keep them watered.  I always have to go through each of the zones and cycle them to check the heads and the risers for the lawn as well as the flowerbed lines to make sure all is working. Of course, I always have to replace a few drip lines or sprayers in the flowerbeds after butthead steps on them! No worries though. But I want to keep everything nice and watered.  I also thought to bring in the finished shelves for the nascars, but didn’t have time to start the install today.  I am wanting to go get that new stepladder I have been looking for and today was a good day to do that.  So, on the way to Cathye’s, I detoured to Fred Meyer in Albany where I had previously found the one I wanted. I headed over there later and we all had a great time!  Each time I visit, I get to meet yet another family member, which is fun. I got back home before dark and settled in and watched the last two episodes of Race to the Center of the Earth. Randy and Maryanne had turned me on to this series and I was hooked. Of the four teams competing, I had my favorite. I was glad when they won!  But after back-to-back two-hour shows, I was done and called it a night.       

No comments:

Post a Comment