About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, May 22, 2021

Oregon Living 2021 – Blog #35 – Mani/Pedis, Moving and Getting Ready!

 


Tuesday, May 18th., 2021…...  I had Rylee out and walked and then worked on cleaning up around the house. I got a text from Cathye that she was able to get us in for mani/pedis this morning. We went to Jenny’s but learned that she had sold the place and so we met the new owner. Turns out it wasn’t the same!  We both got pedicures and had fun while doing that.

 

But I found out later that after I left, Cathye had to wait almost two hours for her manicure! Plus, they kept doing it wrong.  So, needless to say, we won’t be going back there anymore!

The other thing on the agenda was a trip to the airport shuttle service terminal in Corvallis. Sis was leaving early tomorrow morning on a flight to Arizona to hook up with her gal pals from school. I just crashed in my recliner and then set my alarm for 12:15am and then went to pick her up. She needed to be there before her 1:30am ride to PDX and we made it with time to spare. I drove back home and crashed because I needed to be up early to walk Rylee and then go over to sis’s house to walk Quincy.    

Wednesday, May 19th., 2021……  Yep, made it up in time to get both dogs walked with no issues. Today was moving day for Cathye’s friends Lona and Misty. Lona is the mother and Misty the daughter. They live in a really nice mobile home community, and actually bought Cathye’s old mobile several years ago. It’s a single and Misty found that a double was for sale and quickly jumped on it. That was perfect timing because it gave Cathye a chance to buy back her old unit. She has plans to remodel that single unit and will move there when her house sells later in the year. The remodel on Lona and Misty’s unit was completed today so they could move in. We had help from several younger relatives and we started in. Although it started raining right when we started, the rain didn’t hold us up any and it didn’t take too long.

The u-haul was loaded and unloaded a couple of times and when I left for the day, they only had one more run to make. I drove Cathye back home and visited with Michael and Crystal and Chris for a bit then headed back home to rest after the day. Later, I headed off to Jack in the Box and picked up dinner and stopped and got a prescription and headed home to eat and later watched The Masked Singer before turning in early after a long day!  Spoiler alert! Skip over this blue part if you haven’t seen it yet!  As I said before, I didn’t have a clue about who The Yeti was. I don’t know Omarion of B2K. But I did correctly pick Donnie Wahlberg as Cluedle-Doo. I certainly did better than his wife Jenny McCarthy! As a reminder – my guesses for the final three:  Piglet (Nick Lachey), Chameleon (Wiz Khalifa), Black Swan (JoJo). Let’s see how I do….     

Thursday, May 20th., 2021……  Rain in the forecast off and on today. I slept well last night. Nothing on the agenda today except the dogs. I took a shower and then walked Rylee before going and doing the same for Q, stopping for coffee on the way. The weather held up. I decided to stop for breakfast and then go on to Albany and to Lowes and get some sprinkler parts, some wood filler for the shelves, and a brushed nickel shower arm so I could finish the install on the shower head I bought (at Chuck and Linda’s estate sale) a month ago! While I was there, I browsed the DeWalt tools and found a 20v blower that was calling my name!  (Yeah, I bought it!).  Once I got back home, I filled the screw holes in the shelves so they could dry, then took the old shower head off and installed the new one. When I tested it, I found it had some old cracked ‘o’ rings and leaked so I made a trip out again, this time to the local Ace Hardware and got those parts. I got back home and got it all back together again. Now I have to test it tomorrow to see if I like it better than the old one!  I sanded and touched up the screw holes with a couple of coats of paint. Then I could put up all of Jeff’s cars.

I think it looks good and will remind me of him every time I’m in that room. During all of this, Cathye came by with Lona to show her my house. Cathye had Jama and Lona had her yorkie (her name is also Rilee - just different spelling). My Rylee likes little dogs but they are not ready to play with that big white scary monster puppy!  We all visited for a while and they had to leave so we said our goodbyes. I will be going over there tomorrow morning to set up my large tarps for her Celebration of Life on Saturday. All of hers and Jim’s family is there now so I will just go get that job done and leave to let them have their family time together. I only had a few minutes to check out where the new sprinkler heads will go before it started to rain so that will have to wait.  I came in for the day and relaxed and watched more of my taped Mecum Auctions. Later, I ate the last of the steak for dinner and settled in and watched tv until bedtime.        

Friday, May 21st., 2021…… Another round of dog walking and I was ready for breakfast. I came back home and made some sausage and eggs and coffee. Then I headed over to Cathye’s. The weather is supposed to cooperate today and tomorrow for her outside celebration. I think she said she is expecting 50-60 people, not counting family. She’s sure put a lot of time in the planning of this and I hope everything goes well and the weather is nice. There was plenty of help and we got my two tarps and their four popups set up in record time!   


I left them to spent quality family time and headed out. I got back home and settled in for a day of car auctions.  Mecum is in Indianapolis for this event and it’s the biggest one in their lineup, lasting a full six days, with 2500 cars passing through the auction block.  NBCSN is showing 31 hours so I have my tv time taken up for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment