About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, March 11, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #23 – Drying Out From the Snow and Rain & Hanging Around the House


 

Friday, March 8th, 2019…...  Today the weather started out nice. They said we have rain coming and snow at the higher elevations. But it was still pretty cold. Everything was wet from drizzle last night. Even though our concrete parking pad and our asphalt driveway and the street were iced over and slippery, I still managed to get Rylee out and we did our walk with no problems. We had nothing on the agenda so we ate in and stayed in all day. I let Rylee out to pee and she saw Rick’s car coming home across the street so she took off. I had to chase her down. I am not happy!
The predicted rains came later in the afternoon and went well into the night. Not much came down but I’m sure the roads will be slippery again tomorrow. TV until bedtime. 

Saturday, March 9th, 2019……  Sis and Q are coming over this morning. It’s still cold outside and we have more slippery conditions. There is black ice on the roads and the local radio station is saying that there are reports of cars sliding into each other in town. The sun came out early though so much of it was gone by the time we got up and going. I let Rylee out to run with Quincy and by the time we got them back in and dried off, and Q fed, Lydia was up and dressed and we were ready to go to breakfast. Sis drove us to Kevin’s, where we met Janice. We ordered and while we were waiting, I skimmed thru the little weekly publication, similar to our old Pennysaver, that was on a rack on their counter.  I noted that there was a yard sale going on today in Sweet Home. They advertised it as an everything- goes-old-farm sale. I wasn’t interested, but Janice was. So, after breakfast, I took my sister’s car home and she went with Janice to go check it out. Once we got home, we decided to head to Albany and do some shopping. We hit Big Lots, where she bought a couple of knick knacks for the bathroom, and Target, where she bought some more bath towels. We headed back home and rested for the day. I had a few races taped so I watched them and she did some laundry. She asked me what I wanted for dinner and I told her I was hungry for either pizza or panini sandwiches. I ended up choosing pizza. We had coupons so I went to Domino’s for their carryout special. It was our first time going to this location. But it’s close and we wanted to try it out. Turns out it was pretty good pizza but their counter service leaves a lot to be desired. I will give them another try. There is also a Pizza Hut here that we still have to try as well.
Early in the evening I went on the task to set all of our clocks so we were ready for the time change. That was our Saturday.    
             
Sunday, March 10th, 2019…... Another nice day. The sun is out and temps are supposed to get up into the mid 50s, which is really good for March. I walked Rylee and found that all of the snow, even up in the foothills above us, is now gone. There was frost on the roofs of all of the homes when I was out with the monkey butt, but that will be gone as soon as the sun gets higher in the sky. I did a few maintenance items today - I went out to the shop and added salt to the water softener and then went to the rv garage and started up the motorhome and checked things out in the coach (and set the clocks in there too). More races today and a few more loads of laundry. We are still hanging around the house a lot. Lydia has finished her antibiotics a few days ago and now needs to see if her symptoms get worse or better. She still has plenty of cramping pain, especially in the mornings, so we only want to make short trips for now. Time is going to tell if she either improves or needs more antibiotics.
She decided to fix a casserole and got that going in the afternoon.       

No comments:

Post a Comment