About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #30 – Spring Weather and Running Errands


 

Friday, March 29th, 2019…...  Looks like we will have two days of sunshine. Today started out nice and got even better! I took Rylee out for our walk. Our neighbor, Cory, stopped her car and asked me to keep an eye out for a lost Jack Russell. The next neighborhood from ours is behind them and across Oak Creek. A lady came around to her house who was housesitting when the dog got out. She was frantic and thought the dog may have somehow gotten across the creek. I’m sure Jack (the dog’s name!) is still over there somewhere but we will keep a look out. Once Rylee and I finished our walk we checked the property just to make sure. I came in and read the paper and did the word jumble, and by the time I was done, Lydia was ready to go. She had recently lost one of the screws out of her glasses and wanted an adjustment so we needed to go to Albany, where she got them. I drove the Acadia and we were halfway there when it hit me – I needed to bring the Honda so we could go back to Costco (where we just got new tires) for the 25-mile lug-tightening check.  Duuuhh!  Oh well, next time!  We stopped first at Pop’s Branding Iron for breakfast, then Lowe’s to buy what I needed for my workshop bathroom sink. I want to replace the shutoff valves under the sink but I think I better remove one first to see what the threads are (male/female?). We made another stop, at Safeway, and got a few things for spaghetti for tonight and then headed home. Once we got there, I guess I got lazy. I hung around the house and went online and ordered a couple of new leashes for butthead and then paid some bills so I never made it out to the shop. Oh well, there’s always tomorrow!   Later, Lydia fixed dinner and we had a quiet rest of the night and went to bed early.

Saturday, March 30th, 2019…… Another day of sunshine. But walking the grass tells me it’s not ready yet to be mowed. Still way too soggy! My neighbor told me that Walt used to complain about that every year. His was always the last lawn to dry out enough to mow. He told me that Walt even wanted to tear it all out and build up some more, harder packed dirt to replant on. I sure wish he would have done that! But eventually we will be able to mow. Kirk came by today and we got the Husqvarna mower started and he loaded it up to go and mow one of his client’s lawns. He also told me that he did get hired by Lou and they will figure out a schedule coinciding with our work here. I also spent some time on my tractor. It needed to have the battery charged up a bit but after a few hours, I was able to get it running. So, I’m ready – whenever the lawn is!    
             
Sunday, March 31st, 2019…... Nothing planned today. My sister came by with Quincy and that meant that I had to rinse off and dry our wet and dirty puppy after their run!  Later, I went and got us breakfast and we just hung around the house and watched tv most of the day. We were going to go take a car ride (not sure where) but Lydia said that since I was watching my races and she was doing laundry, and folks would be out and about today, we would stay home and maybe go tomorrow. So, that’s what we did. I ate a late lunch and wasn’t hungry for dinner so she ate leftovers from Burger King. We had each ordered their chicken sandwich deal and they give you two six-inch sandwiches and we only ate one each. So, she heated up hers and I didn’t snack until later in the evening.  That was our Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment