About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #26 – Enjoying the Weather & Relaxing



Sunday, March 17th, 2019…... I have some projects to do but don’t have anything planned today. Sundays we just relax and take it easy. My sister came by this morning and walked Quincy. She has her appointment today to have her speakers installed in her car, so we volunteered to watch Quincy. We let the girls out on ropes, in the yard. Quincy will stay put but Rylee will stray off, so to let them lounge in the sun, we need the ropes. Each of us is in our rooms watching tv so we have to check every few minutes. They did good and didn’t get tangled once! But they didn’t lay down in the sun at all, they just moved around on the grass and played. Later, Penny came back and got the Quince. We just hung around the house and watched our tv programs. I have races and auctions to get through so it was a lazy day!   

Monday, March 18th, 2019……  This morning butthead got us up at her usual 7:00am but she had me up once last night, around 1:00am, to go out to pee. After we got up and going, I went out and got us breakfast and later in the morning, I went out to trim the small tree next to the driveway. It gets super thick so now was the time to do the cutting back. Below that tree, we are now in full bloom with daffodils.



We also have some color coming up in various places. We saw it last year – nothing and then bang, everything starts to bloom! We expect it if this Spring weather holds up for a while. Lydia was feeling good so she came out and trimmed up one of her plants (an amber joy - that’s the green plant to the left in the picture) and got all of the dead clippings cut off. Kirk will be here Wednesday and he will be planting a couple of things Lydia has picked up but he won’t be doing more than that. I have him tasked with going up on the roof and pressure washing it to get the moss off of it. Yeah, that’s something we have to watch up here. Some houses get it really bad and their whole roof will turn green. We don’t have much and it will burn off come summer but we want to get it while we can. Besides, Lydia won’t let me up on the roof!  
             
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019…... We got up early again – that’s when Rylee wants us up! Although to be fair, she waits until I stir a bit then gets up close to nuzzle me up. That usually happens around 7:00am.  My back has been acting up again, for the past couple of days. Not sure what I did but I’m taking it easy right now. After breakfast (Lydia made egg sandwiches) I went out and spent some time in the motorhome, catching up on some tv shows.  I have several series taped out there that I am way behind on. I also ran the hot water heater (the Aqua Hot) on electric just to give it some exercise. Tomorrow I will run the diesel side and let that run awhile. I do want to add some exhaust lines for that pipe plus the engine tailpipe so that I can route the exhaust outside, instead of in the garage. We went up to Wilco today. It was their Rewards Sale for preferred customers and was today only. Rylee’s dog food was 20% off; clothing, pet supplies, and lawn and garden were 25% off and everything else was 10% off. We bought a couple of (30lb) bags of dog food, a couple of plants and a few other things before we got out of there. We had an early lunch and Lydia got a chicken and rice dish prepped for dinner later. We watched Guys Grocery Games and then Master Chef Jr. before watching our own shows.   

No comments:

Post a Comment