About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #32 – Tours and Visiting



 

Thursday, April 4th, 2019…...  Today was tour day. Yesterday, my sister took Amber out to show her Foster Lake. It was cloudy and rainy but then the sun came out for a bit so Amber got some pics. Today, she went to Corvallis to the gym and after that we took off to drive up to Woodburn to go see the tulip fields. The flowers were late blooming but have opened up now and it’s cool to see.   But before that, I took off and went to Albany and stopped for breakfast and then headed over to Lowe’s and bought a few things. I got some earthquake straps to secure the new shop water heater. I also bought a knob to affix to the mixing valve for the water line running out to the front of the shop. I bought a hose reel as well and got the 100’ hose set up and going for that. Lastly, I bought a couple of slide out waste containers that are made to go under a kitchen sink and slide out when you need them. These will go under the Oster oven in the nook and will be used for recycle for bottles/cans and also for paper/cardboard and other recycle. I plan to mount them on temporary platforms for now but they will be put inside whatever cabinet we end up with. But I wanted them now to use in my future design for that space. Once I got back from Albany and got everything unloaded, it was time to go pick up the girls. Woodburn is approx. 44 miles north of us and I chose the back-road route to get there. We were surprised to see that there were no flowers in the fields where we saw them last year. We got to the gate and saw the sign that the fields were 35% in bloom and were about ready to turn around and the lady in the booth told us they plant in different fields each year and not to worry, “There were plenty in bloom to see”. So, we paid, parked and went in. After visiting the restrooms, we jumped on a tractor ride out to the fields. She was right. They didn’t disappoint! We walked around and visited with other folks and had a good time. I even got to hold Rufus, while his owners climbed the observation platform to take pics. Amber had never seen this before and she said it was really nice. We took several pictures around the area










before walking back to the tram stop and going back to the shops. We bought a few things and the girls tried wine and beer tasting. I had a thimble of two beers from a place called the Feckin Brewery.  One was a pale ale called Feckin Blonde (just ok) and the other, a stout called A Feckin Good Morning To You!  I don’t like stout so that didn’t impress me, but I had to try it! Didn’t buy anything there. After we left there, we drove to Silverton and went to 22 Water St. for dinner. We had been there before and everyone enjoyed it this time too. Once we got on the road again, it took us another hour to drive back to Sis’s house and drop them off and head home. We were met by a hungry puppy who had to pee! But all was well in a few minutes and we all settled down to relax from the day. Of course, I had to play with my poor neglected pooch who hadn’t seen us in 6 hours!  Poor thing!  She ran me around and around the house. All of the day up to this point there were only a few sprinkles mixed with cloudy skies. It was only about 30 minutes after we got home that the skies opened up and we got some pretty good rain for 20-30 minutes. So, we timed our day just right!                
  

Friday, April 5th, 2019…… Today, the plan was to meet at 9:00am at Kevin’s, for breakfast. Butthead woke me up early and I got showered and got going and walked her and got my paper. We left and met them and had a nice breakfast.  Amber was not used to seeing our little town diners but she thought it was fun and the meals there are always good and she liked that. Afterward, we left for home and they left to go shopping in Corvallis, plus they wanted to have lunch there and then go do some wine tasting. Once we got back and after an hour or so watching tv and relaxing and waiting out the sprinkles, I went out to the shop and got the earthquake straps installed on the water heater. Rylee was happy because she was out of the house. The weather cooperated for most of the afternoon but it clouded up again and we had some nice rain later in the day. Lydia made fish and potatoes and asparagus and we watched the two Blacklist shows we had taped. The new one is one later tonight but we’ll watch that one another time.               
             
Saturday, April 6th, 2019…...  This morning the sprinkles came as I was out with the monkey butt. We cut the walk a bit short. Then I went out and got us breakfast/coffee/tea. The girls came by a bit later so Amber could say goodbye. She had a shuttle trip back to PDX before her flight back to Orange County. It was nice to see her and I hope she enjoyed her visit with my sister and us. The drizzle continued for the rest of the day so we never left the house. Mecum Auctions is in Houston this weekend (actually starting on Thursday) and has 18 hours total, so I started on those last night and continued today. I have plans to work on those recycle containers but that can wait. Lydia got stew meat out to defrost for dinner later and I managed to get monster mutt out for a little exercise between showers. Our lawn is now way overgrown so we are really getting antsy for dry weather so I can mow and give her a place to potty! So sad!

We watched our taped shows and watched it rain until we went to bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment