About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, April 4, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #31 – Hot Water! and a Guest Again!


 

Monday, April 1st, 2019…...  APRIL FOOL’S DAY!  Most of the schools up here were in Spring break last week. Looks like they are back in school this week. My sister’s friend and former roommate in Calif., Amber, is a teacher and is also in Spring break and will be coming up tomorrow. It’s too bad that the weather has turned. We are forecast for rain for all of this week. It started today, but was mostly just light sprinkles. Later in the evening it did get a little stronger. There is another cell off the coast due to hit land late tonight so there will be heavier rain then. We got up and I got Rylee out in the sprinkles but it wasn’t too bad. My two new Flexi leashes that I ordered from eBay were both delivered today.


These are both tape (not rope) leashes and are both 26’. My other leashes are all 16’ so these will allow her to go farther off the path for smells and such. I think that Lydia could handle her on these, we’ll see. Later, I took off in the Honda and ran it over to Albany to go to Costco to get the lugs checked. That only took about 5 minutes. Then I stopped by Home Depot and bought the one flex water line for the shop bath hookup. Earlier, I had removed the hot water line and tested the valve and got hot water. Then I tested the old water line up to the faucet. Plugged up! This was the one I had to re-hook when I got the water heater installed and I’m guessing that Walt had removed it and didn’t care to replace it because he didn’t have it hooked up. That was the piece in the puzzle that stumped me for so long. I got the new faucet installed with the new lines, and everything tightened and got the water back on and I had hot water back in the shop! Yaay!


My sister stopped by and I showed her that I also have hot water running all the way out to the spigot out in the front of the shop door. The hot water ran through a mixing valve (like a shower control) that Walt had installed, we’re guessing for washing his car/tractor or maybe for a dog wash. I will use it for all of those now!  Later, we headed off to Walmart and did some grocery shopping for the week. After we got home and got everything put away, Lydia relaxed and I paid bills. She got some more drs. appointments squared away and then made chicken and black bean burritos for dinner. Yummy! We watched Guy’s Grocery Games and then she went off to watch her taped shows until bedtime.        

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019…… It rained last night but it was still light rain. This morning it was wet out but no rain yet this morning. I took Rylee out on her new leash. The 26’ tape allows her to be able to get up over the ditch out by the road and explore the other side. She enjoys smelling everything. Later, I went out and got breakfast and coffee/tea. My sister called and said Amber got in early enough this morning to be able to get on an earlier shuttle and is enroute.  She’s planning meals for them for today and tonight, but not sure yet what will happen. I went out and worked on cleaning up the garage part of my workshop. I still had to reinstall the sawdust vacuum system that I moved out to install the water heater. That took a few minutes but I took time to sweep/blow out that area before the reinstall. I have a few things still to do. I need to buy an earthquake strap for the water heater and I now need to buy a hose reel to install by the outside spigot now that I have water flowing out there again.
Ok, update - Amber got in and they went out for lunch. They say that they still want to go out for dinner so we told them to decide where and when. Kirk came by but since the weather is iffy and the roof is already wet, he just worked on the yard today. He had told me that a few days ago he discovered that someone was messing around with my trailer at his house and was maybe trying to steal it. He unhooks it from his truck but found someone had cut the wiring harness and taken the plug. They also unbolted the tow chains. Not sure what they wanted – maybe just those items and not the trailer ?. He got everything fixed since he’s been using the trailer for a few weeks now but he’s keeping an eye out...
The girls came by and brought Quincy for her sleepover. We gave Amber the 5ȼ tour, then we all left and went to Pizza Schmizza for dinner. My sister treated us all. Thanks, Sis! Later, they went home and we did as well and walked Rylee before coming in and calling it a night.               
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019…...  Just a short burst of showers last night. Again, just enough to wet everything again. But it was ok when I took Quincy out for her walk/run in the field. We always need to take her out by herself so she can do her ‘business’ without the butthead bothering her. After a few minutes out there, and on my signal, Lydia ‘released the beast’ and they played a bit before coming in. Rylee got her water run completed and we got her dried up and then fed Q. The rains came again but only lasted a few minutes. I hung around the house today until we left for Corvallis for Lydia’s drs. appointment. This was a regular visit to her nephrologist, who said all of her numbers looked good except her vitamin d is low. She will be sending a prescription in for a supplement to take for eight weeks and then she will go back to her normal dosage. Everything else is ok. We left there and drove back to the Lebanon Hospital to do her labs for the infectious disease dr. before coming home for the day. We ate leftovers for dinner and relaxed and watched tv (including tonight’s Survivor) until bedtime.       

No comments:

Post a Comment