About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #38 – Electrical Issues Still Pestering Us & My Sister Returns


 

Monday, April 22nd, 2019…...  Last night I rethought my gfci situation. I think I want to try a new switch. I’m not sure if the one I put in yesterday is new or not and, if not, I may have issues. We took care of the dogs and then I went out of the garage to go to the truck. I decided to hit the reset switch and see how long it takes to trip. Well, it didn’t! I asked Lydia to keep an eye on it and call me in 20 mins. I took off to Home Depot, stopping by the post office along the way. Lydia texted me that the power was still on. Hmmm. Earlier, I had called Dana, to ask her to recommend an electrician. She called back and I told her what I was experiencing. She said that any moisture from outside can get in and may be the problem. Once it dries, it goes away. I continued on and got the new switch but I will wait until there is another issue before changing it out. Crisis averted for now….
I got back and helped Lydia with the setup on her phone. We moved things around, killed alarms, changed ringtones and notifications, etc. and she was happy.
Then I went out and got the lawn rake hooked on to the tractor and swept up the grass clippings from the lawn. It looks good now, just a little high still but another mowing next week will take care of that. I finally feel that we’re caught up with the neighbors now and no the shaggy lawn on the block.

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2019…… This morning the weather was a little cloudy. There was a 20% chance of rain but we never saw any here at all. I got the dogs out and walked and then in and fed and then made breakfast here. Still having issues with the power in the garage.  
I had to call Dana again. I told them that after I got back home, the box had tripped. So, I put on the new gfci plug. It is still tripping. Later, Kirk looked at it and called one of his carpenter buddies, who was stumped, and then another one who will try to get out to take a look. Meanwhile, Lydia had gone to the shuttle stop to pick up my sister, who has returned from her Utah trip. We had gone earlier to get her car from the house and when they got back here, it was about 2:30pm so we all went back to her place, along with Quincy, who prefers her car to ours. She dropped her off and since none of us had eaten since breakfast, we headed to Ixtapa for an early linner. We got back to my sister’s and picked up our car and once we got home, we settled our own programs for a bit then together watched Master Chef and one Blacklist before calling it a night. 

             
Wednesday, April 24th, 2019…...  Today, it was back to normal. I only had Rylee to take out and we did our normal walk, then I went out and got us coffee/tea/breakfast. Eric, from Pointe Pest Control is coming today to do the quarterly treatment. We have seen these really super tiny black spiders in our bathroom so he will be doing the inside treatment also this time.
Eric came later in the day. I had some time to clean up some of my wood that was both piled up and standing up outside against the shop. I managed to get all of that cleaned up. Eric sprays out there as well so that will help alleviate any spiders and wasp nests. No one has come out to look at the electrical.
Lydia fixed dinner and we spent the evening watching tv until bedtime. Tonight it was Survivor and The Amazing Race so we’re caught up on those now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment