About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, April 12, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #34 – Dealing With Some Med Stuff and Buying Phones


 

Wednesday, April 10th, 2019…...  Q came over today and Rylee got to run and play this morning. Lydia had a rough night last night and isn’t feeling that well today either. So, we stayed around the house. We did go out and drop off her prescription for her gastro medicines for the flex sig later this month. We went over to Walmart and got a few things and then went back and got the prescription. She fixed cube steak with gravy over mashed potatoes. We even found the steak already cut up for the same price as we usually get. So, that made it easy to fix. We finished up watching Survivor before going to bed.   

Thursday, April 11th, 2019…… Barrett Jackson is in Palm Beach this week for their auctions so I had those taped. Lydia said she felt a little better but we still stuck around the house today, except to go for mani/pedis.  Lydia made an appointment to have her nails and a pedi done and I asked to go for my pedi. I was NOT happy because we had to wait forever even though we had an appointment.  But we suffered through it and I kept my mouth shut (yeah, I know that’s not like me!). Lydia likes going there and I didn’t want to ruin it for her. On the way home, we decided she would fix breakfast for dinner. We had omelets and hash browns and raisin toast and it was all good! Then it was tv until bedtime.    
             
Friday, April 12th, 2019…...  The weather has been really nice for the last couple of days. But, as you can see from the pics, 


the ground is way too wet still. Rylee made those tracks just sliding on the grass running after her stick. But, hey, I gotta play with her and let her run out some energy. I kept her on her rope but let her run through the puddles. This is her racetrack that she likes to also lay down in and cool off. 




But even all of the dirt on her comes off with the garden hose and she can be towel dried and all is good again. We also spent some time with Verizon buying new cell phones. We have had ours for many years, Lydia says 7-8 years. I have a Samsung Note2 and Lydia has a Note3 and we just bought Note9s so you can see it’s been a while. We didn’t want to pay monthly so we just bought them outright. It’s hard though, since new phones are not cheap! But at least they are paid for. They are on order and will be delivered to us. Lydia is feeling much better today. My sister came by and we visited for a while. After she left, we relaxed a bit. I wanted to add another shelf to one of my bookcases in my office/man cave, and I had one that was already prefinished and the right color out in the shop so I cut that down and installed it. That was the extent of our day. Lydia went out to Chau’s Little Vietnam truck and got us Yakisoba Noodles for dinner.  She chose chicken and I got shrimp. This guy can cook! My favorite! The other food truck there in town is Stick a Pork In It and that’s good as well. We alternate from time to time when we’re in the mood for fast food. I watched Nascar and Barrett-Jackson and she had her Hallmark shows and a few others to watch tonight.   

No comments:

Post a Comment