About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #40 – Another Trip to Portland and Lawn Mowing


 

Sunday, April 28th, 2019…...  Nice restful sleep last night. It’s always nice to sleep in your own bed. Rylee stayed pretty close to us all night and this morning. I fed her and walked her. Lydia made breakfast while I went out and got her chai tea. We want to mow but not today. We’re just gonna hang around and relax today. I did go out to the shop and work on my new cell phone case. It has both a loop and a hook for my belt and I don’t need the hook so I had to drill out the rivets and remove it. Lydia also got a couple of covers for her phone so she’s happy. As I said, we just kicked back today and rested. Butthead has been quiet for the most part. I think she misses Quincy but also wants to stay close to us so we don’t run away from her again!   

Monday, April 29th, 2019…… This morning we got up early for no reason. We have two drs. appointments in Portland today but we weren’t in any hurry. We ate breakfast and then headed over to my sisters to drop off Butthead. That way she won’t be alone in the house all day. We drove up and stopped in Beaverton at B&R Appliances to check out what they had. Not much. Then it was off to the health center for appointment no. 1. This one was with the surgeon to sign permission forms and also get pre-op instructions. They won’t know until day before what time surgery will be.  If she is no. one on the list, she will have to be there to check in by 5:30am., number two would be 7:30am and so on. So, we decided to get a room for the night before. They have her going through the shower process with their special soap and she does it the night before and the morning of. So, being in a hotel room makes that work. This time I booked a little nicer room and one that’s close to the hospital. Speaking of that, once we were done, we had to go out of the health center and use a tram ticket to ride up (and across the 405 fwy, yes there is a 405 up here too!) to the complex up the hill. This is where the nephrology team was for the second appointment. It’s also where the hospital is located (and our hotel room is). We met with the team and they now have Lydia in their system. They will be on hand at the surgery center and will be in charge of her meds while in the hospital.  We left there and rode back down the tram to the parking structure and to our car. We stopped again at Cracker Barrel for dinner and got home early evening. My sister had fed and dropped off Rylee so she was there to greet us. It was a long day but neither of us were tired so we ended staying up and watching tv until bedtime.  

             
Tuesday, April 30th, 2019…...  The weather here right now is spectacular! Sunny and warm, with no rain in the forecast. So, today was lawn mowing day. I first went out for breakfast/tea and then got the weed whacker out and did the prep work before mowing. The grass is back to high but I was able to cut it lower this time without any damage. Without both mowers right now, I only cut the lawn again. The field grass will be done another day. It still took me about an hour and a half.  I left the clippings for tomorrow and called it a day. Lydia made tacos for dinner and we watched the latest Master Chef Jr. and then went on to watch our own shows until bedtime.    

No comments:

Post a Comment