About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, May 6, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #42 – Planning and Planting


Saturday, May 4th, 2019…...  No plans today. I don’t think we even moved the cars once today! I finished up the wood cutting and stacked a small bit for firewood. Now all that’s left are the stumps. I am going to try some digging just to see how the roots look. I have three trees to dig out. I hope I can get them loosened up so I can yank them out with the truck. Next week. The Kentucky Derby is today, so I watched that. Lydia and I took a tour of Churchill Downs when we were in Louisville a few years back. That place is awesome and I would like to go to a derby one day. It’s not cheap but maybe just once we would spring for some good seats and maybe even dress up like everyone does. Something to plan…
This year’s race ended in a disqualification of the winner for interference. I hope all of the second-place tickets didn’t get torn up and tossed! There were other races today so I was happy just to lounge around most of the day and watch tv. Lydia cooked the salmon we bought the other day at Costco. Yummy! She got a call today from the hospital in Portland. They wanted to do a preliminary check-in. We still don’t know what time the surgery will be, that will be determined by the surgeon. Lydia let Rylee out to run and she took off and went straight to the creek out back. Her little runway is all dried up but she managed to find water in the creek! She called me out and, once we got her back, hosed off, and dried, we came in for the evening and settled in.   

Sunday, May 5th, 2019……  Another Sunday and no plans. My sister came over and walked Quincy and I walked Rylee and then took off to get breakfast/coffee/tea. I forgot to mention that on Friday we went to the annual plant show, done here by a group of local gardeners. Lydia bought one plant but my sister was there and she was loading up when we left!  So, today, I asked her where she wanted to plant the woodland hyacinth and got that in the ground. That was it for the day. Pretty easy!  Plenty of races going on so no problem for watching tv. Nascar race did get postponed (for rain) until tomorrow morning.
             
Monday, May 6th, 2019…...  I got up and showered and walked Rylee and then headed out to go get breakfast. We saw on tv that Taco Bell has breakfast burritos for $1. So, we decided to try that. It was actually pretty good but they were small so we each got two. Plus, a couple of cinnabons as a tasty treat! I will put them on my list for different places to go. I watched the Nascar race today, then went out and worked on the bathroom in the workshop. Besides, needing a good cleaning, I wanted to upgrade to the fixtures we recently removed from our bathroom. I got the old ones off and those new ones installed and then mopped the floor and washed the counter and sink. It actually looks clean now!  When we replace the light fixtures in the master bath, I will reinstall one of those out there as well. I also want to eventually install a new toilet in the master bath and the one in the house is way nicer than the cheapy one Walt put in the shop, so that will get moved as well. That done, I went out to the rv to catch up on a couple of my taped programs out there. I also hooked up an extension system to my diesel aqua hot exhaust line coming out on the underside of the coach, so the fumes will go outside. That worked well so now I can run the diesel system and cycle the water system and make sure everything is operational when we can get the rv out and going again. We heard from Randy today. He is wanting to come up to visit his mom for Mother’s Day and be here for her surgery. He’s still planning right now and isn’t sure if he wants to fly or drive. Both have positives and negatives but if he flies, he needs to get his reservation asap. Lydia had a few calls today and forgot to get something out for dinner, so she volunteered to drive to Big Town Hero for sandwiches. I love their turkey, bacon ranch panini. 

No comments:

Post a Comment