About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, May 13, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #44 – Patio Table Moving & Mother’s Day!


 

Friday, May 10th, 2019…...  This morning after I had Rylee out and walked and had breakfast, my sister called and needed my help. She had purchased a patio set from a yard sale around the corner from her house. I brought my truck and we first moved out her old set and then went and picked up the new one and got it set up. Lydia said we could use the old one so we loaded it up and I brought it back. Penny came over and helped me unload and set it up on the back porch. That left the one we had. I texted Janice but she wasn’t interested. Oh well. While my sister was here, we decided to take butthead out and all of us went over to Paul & Cori’s house across the street to go see what they had at their yard sale. We bought one or two things and then my sister asked if they wanted a table. They didn’t but said to bring it over and put a price on it and they would try to sell it. Too good an offer to pass up so we loaded it up and took it over there. I had them put a $20. price tag on it. Later in the day, I looked over and it wasn’t where we had left it so I assume it sold.  I will have to go back over tomorrow and see. A bit later, we took off to go grocery shopping at Walmart. We picked up stuff for spaghetti and watched Guys Grocery Games while we ate. I watched the Nascar truck race and called it a night.    

Saturday, May 11th, 2019……  Our son, Randy, came up to see his mom. He left California and drove up and stayed with friends around Sacramento and then one night in Ashland, where he was able to join a mountain bike run in the area. They have a van that transports the bikes up to the top of the ski area and the riders find trails to go down to the bottom. He always enjoys getting his exercise that way. He got in this morning and will be here through Mother’s Day, leaving Monday to head back home and to work. That works for us because we were afraid that he would want to stay through the surgery and recovery and wait to leave after she was home. That would be too much time away from work (with no paycheck), so, as I said, we are happy. We hung around the house today but did go over to my sisters to open up all of her crawlspace vents around the house. Like me, she has residual water left from the rains and she needs to get air in there to help dry it out. I have some that I need to open as well and did that today too. Lydia bought stuff for chicken and rice and Aunt Penny came over and we all had a nice meal.  Afterwards, Randy and I left to go see the races at the nearby Willamette Speedway.  Tonight, they had 5 different types of cars - hornets (4 cyl. stock), late models, sportsman, street stock, and super sports. We found seats in the general admission area just up from the starting line (note - we need stadium chairs for the next time because the aluminum seats are haarrd!) and really enjoyed the evening. Even though the weather was in the 80s all day, it got kind of chilly so we were both glad we grabbed sweatshirts to wear! 



Everything ended around 9:15pm so there was still some daylight left on the way home (maybe a mile). We sat up for a while then I took Rylee out for her business, then we all called it a night.     
             
Sunday, May 12th, 2019…... HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!   This morning Aunt Penny came back with sausage and eggs and we made potatoes and biscuits and had a nice breakfast. Randy left about 11:30 and went to Falls Creek to go mountain biking. He said he met a guy from Salem there that was by himself too, so now they could ride together and can take some extra risks and watch out for each other. He had a good time and they exchanged numbers so when he next comes to Calif., they can go out again down there. Meanwhile, we had all the fixins ready for a bbq. Once he texted that he was on his way back, we got the baked potatoes going and when he got home, I started the steaks on the grill. Everyone seemed to like them and the rest of the meal was tasty.  


Jeff had called and talked to Mom for a good while so that was nice. All in all, a good day.  Randy will be leaving tomorrow morning to head back, with maybe one stop on the way to ride the McKenzie River Trail. He tried to make a call to see if they operated a Monday shuttle for that ride but it was too late and they were closed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment