About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #47 – Recovering, Chores, and Shopping



Sunday, May 19th, 2019…...  Nothing on the agenda today. Lydia is still very sore from the surgery, but Rylee doesn’t realize that! She senses her discomfort but only knows she wants to be close to her. So, she tries to nose her way in, no matter if her Grammy is on the bed or in her chair. Sweet girl! As I said, nothing going on today. I walked butthead and then headed off to get breakfast/tea. I don’t drink coffee when the weather is nice or when it’s later in the morning. We slept in so it was after 8:30am by the time I left so I didn’t get coffee today. Weather was nicer in the morning and the sun came out for a while. But it soon clouded up and dropped a few degrees. I managed to go outside with monkey butt to let her run. I checked out my grapevines. There are a bunch of vines popping out now so I guess I didn’t kill them when I cut them back last year! I also checked out my apple stumps. I can almost push them over so I think my friend’s tractor will have little problem yanking them out when he comes next month to mow. 



I also started up the motorhome and ran it for a bit and checked everything out. Everything's good. I think tomorrow I will go off to Lowes or Home Depot. I need to go anyway to get water softener salt but I think I will try to get everything I need to put an exhaust vent in the rv wall plus get some flexible vent pipe so I can hook it up to the motorhome exhaust pipe so it will vent outside.
Lydia got some stuff out for dinner and I helped her fix it. We made up the stuff for a mashed potato casserole and had that and then watched tv until bedtime.    


Monday, May 20th, 2019……  No rain yet today. I decided to go to Albany and do all of my errands. I walked Rylee then took off, stopping for breakfast on the way which I ate in the Home Depot parking lot. Today I hit Home Depot, Costco, Habitat for Humanity Lebanon, Lowes, and Habitat for Humanity in Corvallis. I got a new handle for one of my shovels, plus all of the necessary items to make the exhaust line for the rv garage. It took some time but I got it all!  When I got home, I found that the table we took over to Paul and Corie’s yard sale was back in my shop!  Lydia didn’t hear anybody so I started feeling bad. We were sure that it sold that same day but guess not. Now Paul had to bring it back over! I definitely owe them an apology for not following up on it.  Later, I called Dana and asked them some questions about cutting through the outer wall and the drywall when I install my vent. She called back later and we had a nice conversation. They want to come by and visit with Lydia in the next few days. Speaking of Lydia, she was feeling ok and made up a shake and bake parmesan chicken with rice and brussel sprouts. She is still in some pain from the surgery but is getting up and around and doing a little more each day – good to see. We find that we have a semi-resident female turkey on the grounds! We’ve seen her a few times, always by herself and always in the back yard. She makes the rounds out in the back and gets just so close to the house and then heads away.


We both have been catching up on the shows we missed and spent the evening watching those and then went to bed. The predicted storm came through last night. It was only sprinkling at 9:30pm but I heard it coming down on the bathroom skylight later in the middle of the night. Temps are warmer now so it was good sleeping weather tonight!     
             
Tuesday, May 21st, 2019…...  Not much planned for today. Kirk came by and needed to haul all of the grass out in the ditch away. So, I got out my wagon that goes behind the tractor and when he got here with our co-owned one, he just drove it off the trailer and hooked up to the wagon and was good to go. That only took about 20 minutes so the rest of his time he weed whacked out by the creek. I saw Corie today and I apologized for not following up with them on the table. She was ok with it and didn’t know that Paul had brought it back. She said they were trying to figure out where they could use it so they could keep it. But I guess Paul wants the garage cleaned out. No room for more stuff!
Later, we went to the store. Walmart is still closed. We have heard on the news that a 49-yr old man intentionally mixed the chemicals in the pool section to start the fire. He actually bragged to someone so that is how they caught him. He has been previously banned from the store but he was heard to say that this was just a ‘test run’. I sure hope they keep him in jail long enough for that plan to leave his head! We went to Safeway and went down each aisle and Lydia was doing so well, we ended up shopping for the week. When we got home and everything unloaded and put away, we rested for a bit. Then I helped her make spaghetti, which hit the spot! Like I said, we are each still getting caught up on our taped shows. I have been watching 24 hours of the Mecum Auctions and finally got those all watched so I can now go back to all of my other series.   

No comments:

Post a Comment