About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #43 – Walking Dogs, Mowing Lawns, and Going to the Show


 

Tuesday, May 7th, 2019…...  This morning I got up early and got Rylee walked, then I headed over to walk Quincy. My sister was headed up to Salem for an early-morning Drs. appointment. I took the Q out for to the Santiam River for a good walk/poop and then brought her in and fixed up her breakfast. On the way home, I stopped by and got our breakfast. Kirk came over today and worked on our ditch out by the road. I still have standing water in the ditch and there are green plants that are doing well in that water. I want that dried up so I had him pull out all of the vegetation, which will help. He also brought our mower back this time, so now tomorrow we can use both of them and get the back field mowed. Two makes it go so much faster. I won’t let Lydia on the mower right now so Sis will come and help tomorrow. The weather right now is awesome! It was 86º yesterday and got to 78º today. I saw on the news that SoCal is getting rain, so things are now reversed! I also spent an hour or so and installed the ceiling fan we just bought in my room. It’s got a remote so I’m thrilled (it’s a guy thing)! 


Not much else planned today.  

Wednesday, May 8th, 2019……  Today was lawn mowing day. My sister wanted to come over with Quincy and then go to Jack in The Box and get breakfast then come back and help me mow the lawn. She wanted to get started before it got hot. Good plan, except that we went to Kevin’s for breakfast. Much better. When we got back, Lydia watched the puppies and I got the string trimmer out and started around the faucets, and sprinkler heads and then got both tractors out and started. We got going and it went smoothly – for the most part.  We have three islands, two out back. One of those is irrigated, the other isn’t. It has a few trees but not much else and its way back on the property so we decided to let it go back to grass rather than weed and mulch it. My problem came when I went over the berm and didn’t see the log laying in the high grass! It caused my drive belt to disengage. Actually, it came off the pulley. It took a few minutes to get it back to concrete to be able to get to it and get it back on and get out there again. But all in all, it went pretty well and looks good. I will get Kirk to string trim the reeds on the creek and it will be good to go for a while.  Afterwards, my sister went home and showered and did a few errands and then came back for Quincy. I crashed in my chair and actually slept for a while. Later, it was my turn to go out to get dinner – Taco Bell. We ate that then later I watched Survivor and Amazing Race. Lydia was tired and went to bed early. She’ll watch it tomorrow.      
             
Thursday, May 9th, 2019…... Our day was laid back for the most part. I walked Rylee and then fixed my breakfast. Just before 10:00am Lydia went to get her nails done but before she left, we had decided to go to Eugene and see Marvel’s End Game. I took Rylee out and played with her to wear her out and when Lydia got home, we took off to Cinemark. We liked the movie, although you really have to know all of the Avenger’s characters to stay caught up. We did ok, and were able to follow it for the most part so it was a good movie. It was a long movie so afterward I texted my sister and asked her if she would run over to the house and feed the monkey butt while we stopped at 5 Guys and had dinner before heading home. Then it was tv until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment