About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #62 – Visiting the Senior Center and Fireworks!


 

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2019……  Lydia and Penny had plans today to go to the senior center. They wanted to try bocce’ ball and then bingo. In between, they went shopping for the fourth. We’re just grilling hot dogs but they needed chili and sauerkraut and a few other things. They had lunch out so I fixed the rest of the ravioli for myself for dinner. I think Lydia did fix a salad later. We watched The Great Food Truck Race. Next week they go to Ft. Myers, next to where the kids are. We also watched Master Chef before calling it a night.     

Thursday, July 4th, 2019…...  HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!!   Today, my sister was coming over with Quincy to spend the night. Q is really terrified by noises and our house is a bit quieter than hers. Plus, we have no one on the street setting off fireworks. Only the show at Cheadle Lake tonight to worry about. But she gave her some doggie tranquilizers so she should be ok. After walking the monster puppy, I took off for Albany and some shopping. Harbor Freight had a 4th of July special and had a one-item 25%-off coupon, and I wanted to go get a trailer dolly for my boat and this was the right day. I also stopped at Lowes and Home Depot and bought a few other things for the trailer and the shop. I put the dolly together, in between pool visits with Rylee, and then watered some of the areas where we don’t have sprinklers. The weather here has turned again – this time to hot!  But we managed to leave all of the doors and windows open today and we got a breeze so it was ok. Later, I started up the bbq and cooked the hot dogs. That, and chili or sauerkraut, and chips and cherry tomatoes was all we had. Light meal and easy. We settled in and watched my dvd of Stand By Me. I have mentioned this before, but a lot of the town scenes and some of the river and country shots were done close by here, in Brownsville. It was a good time to watch it, since Penny was here for the night. The fireworks at the park by Cheadle Lake (about 1 ½ from us) started up about 9:45pm (remember, it doesn’t get dark up here until then) and we could hear them pretty clearly. Rylee was nervous but settled down quickly after the finale. Quincy looked a little out of it from the drugs but that worked and she did ok as well.       
         
Friday, July 5th, 2019…... This morning I had plans to string trim and mow. But dummy me, I forgot to turn the sprinklers off last night and the grass was still wet. It was overcast all morning so that didn’t help. I decided to go out and install the deadbolt to the shop door. This is the main door in front and I wanted to match it with the key that Tim and Dana used in the rv garage. A smart key deadbolt did the trick. You can reset it to any key you want and it took very little time to change it out and re-key it. One more project done.
The sun did come out after noon and I went out and did the string trimming, but decided to do the lawn tomorrow. I did get my two gas cans in the truck to go get some gas. I also dug out the gas tank in the boat and put that in as well. They all take the same gas (non-ethanol) so I got them all filled at one time. Meanwhile, Lydia went off to meet Penny to do their walk at the senior center. She wasn’t able to stay up with the ladies because she was having pains in her feet, but, if she keeps at it, she should be able to build up strength and lessen the pain. Later, she went back for some chair-ercise. That’s probably not the correct name but it means that they do stretching and bending exercise while on a chair.  Once we got all of these things done, we were both done for the day. Lydia had defrosted some cube steak and cut it up in a mushroom gravy, served over mashed potatoes. She said she bought enough to use to make chicken fried steak for breakfast tomorrow. Oh boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment