About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #69 – Quiet Days With the Dogs and Nail Time


 

Wednesday, July 24th, 2019……  Nothing on the agenda for today. I went out and got breakfast/tea and then sat around most of the morning watching the Tour de France. They are in day 17 of 21 and are starting to hit the Alps. It’s amazing how fit these guys are to be able to ride uphill for several hours! 
I did a few fixes on the newer trailer. I am now ready to take the boat out! I need Lydia and my sister if I want to make the trailer swap as planned. Will have to work out a day. The weather is certainly right for a trip out on the lake!
  

Thursday, July 25th, 2019…… Sis was coming back in tonight. We had to go and get her car from her house and drop it back at the shuttle stop for her to drive home. But we didn’t need to do that until this evening. I got Rylee and Quincy walked and then came back and made my breakfast. Lydia went to do her labs and I took off to go get some more parts for the grapes/blueberries irrigation system. I now have timed water and added sprinkler coverage that reaches all of the plants. I had them on daily but the ground was really soggy (bad for grapes!) so I reset it to go on every other day for 20 minutes. The blueberries are done now but since we haven’t been out to pick them yet, I wanted to keep watering. Later, Lydia made an enchilada casserole and we watched a few Guys Grocery Games. We are way behind on those! After that we left and went to get the car parked at the shuttle stop. We took butthead along but she couldn’t figure out why we wouldn’t let her out at Quincy’s house and why she didn’t get out to see anything at the shuttle stop! All of that done, we came back in and settled in for the rest of the night.  
     

Friday, July 26th, 2019…...  Nothing on the agenda today. Oh wait, we have a nail appointment at 11:30 this morning. I went out and got us breakfast and we were finishing up when my sister came over and picked up Quincy. She didn’t stay long – she was headed home to rest up from her trip.    
I worked a bit out in the shop and brought out the Dyna Trap bug zappers. I got them set up the same as last year – one in the front and one in the back.  These guys plug in and I had one cord that runs under the back porch that didn’t have power but I will tackle that tomorrow. We left and got our mani/pedis. This time there was a younger guy who had come in while we were there. He was by himself and it was his first time so Lydia and I had fun talking with him. We advised him which level to get – we like the one that includes the hot wax bag on the feet and the hot rock and oil leg massage. He chose that one but passed on the manicure so he was in and out while we were still there. He said he would be back – with his buddies!  We got back home and relaxed and watched tv. We both had leftovers of the enchiladas as our linner so we only needed an ice cream bar for dessert and we were set for the night. It was tv until bedtime.   

No comments:

Post a Comment