About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #63 – Mowing and Family is Coming!


 

Saturday, July 6th, 2019……  Today WAS mowing day. The grass is dry today and the weather is nice and it was just right for mowing! Sis came over and we got going. There are only a few areas where Walt had re-seeded the grass with something different which grows faster than the perennial rye that we mostly have. That area, right off the back porch, grows really thick and green and definitely needs the mowing. But for the most part, the rest of the yard is still pretty short. So, with the mowers set (at 2.5 in.) we are not getting that much cuttings left lying on the lawn. Of course, we also still have the back field, which is mostly dandelions, but again, not much comes in the way of cuttings. Last time, I went back over everything right away with the lawn rake and we bagged it immediately. I got everything picked up ok, but it was wet and heavy. I think we will go back to leaving it on the lawn for a few days to dry out, making it easier to rake and lighter in the trash bags. We got it completed and cleaned up the mowers and put them away and called it done for now. I came back in and rested and watched some tv. We have found that one of our Directv stations (CBS) is being blocked. It seems that Nexstar and Direct (along with other broadcasting companies) are in negotiation for contracts. So, some of our shows won’t get taped until it gets resolved. It’s sad that we get stuck in the middle of these things, because we continue to pay our monthly fees and this is what happens!  But, our tv in the motorhome is still getting CBS (LA feed) so Lydia went out and made sure her shows were being taped out there. Later, Lydia made chicken casserole which I always enjoy, and we spent the evening watching our programs before calling it a night.  

Sunday, July 7th, 2019…...  I forgot to mention the other day that I finally got my questions answered about my Oregon Boater Education Card. Turns out the $11.00 I sent in did indeed get me my card, which came in the mail on Friday. I am now good to go with the boat. We’ll put that off until the girls leave. I don’t want to take them out on its maiden cruise in case I have issues. I got Rylee walked and then headed over to my sisters to get some eggs. We were out and she had enough to split 14. The plan is to take the twins to the egg ranch while they are here. So, we used up what we had but wanted some just in case the girls got hungry their first morning.  I also took a look at her tree trimming project. She had my chain saw and a hand saw but hadn’t started yet. I can come back and work on it later. But I found out later that she got the saw out and got everything trimmed. Later, I went out to the rv garage and looked again into figuring out how I will go about installing the vent line in the wall for the engine exhaust line hookup. I am nervous about cutting through the nice new walls that Tim & Dana just finished!  I think I have it figured out how to go through both walls, and at the same time missing the studs and wiring.  Not much else today. We are waiting on Shelby and Kate to get here before we go grocery shopping.  Lydia made burgers for dinner and we settled in for the night.   

Monday, July 8th, 2019…... Today would be a long day! I started it off by getting up early and walking Rylee, then heading out get breakfast/coffee/tea. I went out later and worked on cleaning up the farthest island. There is no irrigation out there and only a couple of trees and a few shrubs. Kirk hadn’t gotten to it yet and when I mow around it, I can’t get too close because there are some larger rocks in amongst everything. So, I took the tractor out there loaded up the rocks and other debris and then was able to mow up and around all of the trees and shrubs. It looks a lot better now. We rested and straightened up around the house a bit. Lydia washed the bedding in the guest room and made that up again. I got out the inflatable queen and set it up in the craft room. We want each girl to have their own room and we have a nice spot in there for a bed. Once we were done with all of these chores, we were done for the day. We went out and had Oregon BBQ for dinner.  We hung around the house alter and watched tv until it was time to head off to the airport. Krista had booked late flights for the girls so they could sleep. That was ok except that the flight got in at 12:30am. We left about 10:30pm because we checked and found the flight was delayed in Dallas/Ft Worth. We got to the cell phone lot with plenty of time to spare and waited until the girls texted that they had landed. We drove to the pickup area and Lydia went in to baggage claim to meet them and gather their luggage while I went back to the cell lot. Once they were ready, we got them and their stuff loaded and headed back. They are paving I5 right now and we had seen a large backup on the southbound side on the way up. So, I decided to take a shortcut around it. Long story short, we got home about 3:40am or so and immediately got everyone settled in for the night. Or should I say for the day!      

Getting ready for the trip!

            Shelby (wearing the glasses) &  Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment