About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #104 – Shopping and More Shopping


 

Thursday, Nov 7th, 2019…… No rain up here yet. Portland weather news says it’s a record 13 days in October/November so far. And it looks dry until Saturday or Sunday. But it is still pretty cold. Sis has Quincy in her winter jacket. Rylee is still warm. Sure wish I had her thick hair! We did our walk and then we decided to head off to breakfast. We picked up Penny at the senior center where she left her car. We went to Shirley May’s and then from there we headed over to Albany to go to Big Lots and Home Depot. Lydia has seen placemats for the new dining room table and some other Christmas items she wanted to check out. Next stop was Home Depot. I needed to buy some 2” dowel for my ladder project and Lowes was out the other day. I got that and we headed back home. That was the end of the tasks for the day. It was too cloudy and overcast most of the day for me to want to go out and mow the lawn. So, I didn’t!  Maybe tomorrow.      

Friday, Nov 8th, 2019…... I got up early and got in the shower. By the time I was out and dressed, sis was already here with Q - and Lydia had let Rylee out to run with her. So, I took off and got breakfast/coffee/tea. I missed out. Yesterday Starbucks were giving out reusable red coffee cups. Probably nice to have but no biggie.
I needed to go back online and do some research and review the process for buying tires for our motorhome through FMCA (Family Motor Coach Association – an RV network we have a membership with) so I can get an idea of what I want and get some prices before heading out and shopping around. 
Lydia asked a few days ago if we could go out on Friday someplace for clam chowder. We chose Eugene and Newman’s Grill for that and decided to go early for ‘linner’.  But first I wanted to stop by the Lazy Boy showroom and see what they had going on sale for Veteran’s Day. Lydia needs a good recliner for her room and we know Lazy Boy furniture. Our two recliners and our sofa and loveseat in the living room plus the recliner in my room are all Lazy Boy. Turns out most of the items were on sale and marked down. She found a recliner she liked and there were several fabrics to choose from and some you could have custom made.  She really liked the one on display so we just ordered one like that. It will be in and scotchguarded and ready for pickup next Saturday. We then left and went over to Newman’s for a nice linner. On the way back home, I stopped and got gas and then went next door to CGF Tires.  FMCA has a plan in place, cross country, for dealerships to sell Michelin RV tires thru them which passes the price savings to its members.  They have expanded that program to include passenger tires as well as adding Hankook and Continental tires to the list.  They sell me the tires and I pay the agreed upon price from FMCA. Using this process, the dealership gets more tires sold, even though at a discounted price. CGF was listed as a Continental participant and it was on the way home, so I decided to stop. CGF sells 99% Bridgestone and very few Continental but since FMCA just recently added Continental tires to their program, it’s new to the dealers. They will order as required. I met with Lexie, the girl at the counter who had never heard of FMCA. She had only been there four months so she got one of the other guys to help. He said they could get my tire size ordered and would follow the process. While we were talking, Lexie asked if she could quote a price for the same tire in a Bridgestone brand. Turns out it was the same specs and she could get it for me even less than FMCA. I got the quote in writing and left. I still want to check with the Michelin dealer in Albany tomorrow or next week before I decide. We got home and fed our poor starved puppy!  Then we settled in for the evening and watched our programs and races before calling it a night.

Saturday, Nov 9th, 2019   Today was gloomy to say the least. I slept in and showered and got ready for the dreary day. I was planning on going to Albany but got lazy. I hung around the house. Lydia called Krista, our daughter-in-law, who is in the hospital, to see how she was doing. She was diagnosed this week with Lupus. Right now, she has an infection in both her large and small intestines and they are hitting her hard with antibiotics, all of which Lydia has experienced before. She also called our friend, Treasa, in Ohio, who is also in the hospital. She has a bleeding ulcer and they have her on meds and are running all sorts of tests. Get better soon - both of you!  I also heard from our friend, Janie, about plans being made for meeting up with everyone before the RV rally we are going to in Indio in January. I still am planning our trip down so this can now be factored into our planning. I was glad to get that info. So, with all of that going on, we decided to stay home for the day and relax. We each spent the time catching up on small projects. I hung a couple of mirrors – one in the mud/laundry room, and one in my shop bathroom. Lydia straightened up her craft room/tv room.  After that, I watched my races and she slept in front of her tv for most of the rest of the day. We had leftovers for dinner and then it was more tv before bed.  A quiet Saturday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment