About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, November 25, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #109 – Finally, Mowing & Other Chores


 

Friday, Nov 22nd, 2019……  It was cold again this morning, but I still was able to get out and get Rylee walked without freezing to death in my shorts!  As long as I can keep my ears and hands and chest warm, I seem to be good to go. Plus, the sun popped up as I was out so that helped! I called this morning and got an appointment to get the coach in to Peterson Trucking for the brake job. They will also lube the chassis and find and fix the bad valve, or whatever it is, that’s causing the air to drop the coach on the right side. I am set up for early, early next Tuesday so they will have that day and Wednesday before they close for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The brake job is no problem and they seem to think the air leak should be easy as well.
I went out and got breakfast/coffee/tea this morning and then later in the morning we took off to Albany to go to Target, Lowes, and Kohls. We got everything we were looking for and headed home. I ate a quick lunch and went out and got the tractors started and running. My sister came over and took one out and did the field while I tackled the lawn. It was still pretty wet and we have chunks of wet grass to go out and pick up tomorrow. But at least the mowing is done, probably the last time this season. I need to get a battery for the newer tractor plus maybe get them both in for blade sharpening, etc. The Husqvarna may have a bent blade or maybe needs an adjustment because it gouges on one side when you make a turn. But I won’t worry about any of that until just before spring.  
I came in and cleaned up and my sister headed back home. Later, neither of us was hungry so we just snacked and skipped a cooked meal. We both watched our programs before calling it a night.     

Saturday, Nov 23rd, 2019……  A few things on the agenda today. Sis had asked me to install another grab bar in her guest shower so after walking and feeding Rylee, I texted her to get a time. I didn’t hear back so I took off to go to Lowes again to get some more lumber for my ladder project. On the way back she texted that she was good to go anytime. So, I just stopped by on my way home. We got the bar installed and then I helped her put her Thanksgiving stuff away and we also worked on her computer for a bit. She wants to install Office but doesn’t need all the bells and whistles and isn’t keen on paying for the service each year. I found a reduced fee for an older version that is lifetime so she will be installing that. Before I left the house, Lydia had me get out some tri-tip for dinner but while I was at my sister’s we talked about going out to dinner. We chose Taqueria Dos Arbolitos so the tri-tip will be for tomorrow. It was margarita time tonight!  Our bingo friend, Lois, had told us Thursday about blackberry margaritas so we tried those and liked them!  I was stuffed and felt uncomfortable for a bit before all of that big meal (and alcohol) wore off. But it did make me sleepy and by the time I was ready to come to bed, Lydia was already there and fast asleep!  
  
Sunday, Nov 24th, 2019……  No races or anything to watch today, so after our morning walk and breakfast and reading my newspaper, I spent most of the day watching football and making up my binder for next year’s races, and auctions. I can locate the schedules for all of these online and print them out to tape into a binder. That makes it easy to reference to make sure I get them all recorded. Lydia is still hurting and has been good about staying off her bad ankle/heel. She’s experiencing a lot of pain (which we know is typical of a torn Achilles) and has been real good about taking her pain meds.  90% of the time, she can manage it with just Tylenol but occasionally she needs a Vicodin. She goes in on Tuesday for her MRI. We needed to cook that tri-tip today. We invited my sister to come over. She brought the salad and veggies and we had a nice meal.  Later, after she left, we settled in and watched tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment