About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, December 16, 2019

Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #116 – Chores Around the House and Dealing With Doctors



Saturday, Dec 14th, 2019……  No rain this morning, and it was actually pleasant when I took Rylee out for our walk.  Except she found a pile of poop left by our neighbor’s dog. She wanted to gnaw on it but I quickly dragged her away and picked it up. I got her back home and fed and then got Lydia her breakfast and tea. She had a pretty good night and we had nothing on the agenda today so she could relax and stay in her pajamas and take it easy. I went out this morning and disinfected the rv fridge. It had sat for a few weeks when it was in the shop and was shut off and closed up so it had little fuzzys in there that needed to be cleaned up! That didn’t take too long and that was it for my tasks for today. I hung around the house and watched tv and played with butthead a bit outside. The grass is wet again from the rains so we try not to slosh out in it. I take her out to the field where she can run and smell and try to find the field mice. I had ordered a seat for Lydia to use in the shower and it came today so I got that assembled and it’s ready for her tomorrow.  I asked Lydia what she might want for dinner and she said pork chops so I got those out to defrost. Later, I cooked them and also made up some mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes and corn and we had a nice filling meal.  We each watched our taped programs before calling it a night.    
                                                                                                
Sunday, Dec 15th, 2019……  No rain this morning and none predicted until Wednesday. Yaay!  I got Rylee out and walked and came back in and read the paper. Lydia was already up and in her chair, so I made her some tea. This morning I decided to try breakfast again. I had picked up fresh eggs, mushrooms, spinach and a zucchini when I went shopping so I decided to use them for another omelet. I used the copper chef skillet and this time it turned out way better than the last one! I used the bigger skillet and made mine scrambled eggs with all of the above fixins. Yummy!  After breakfast, I got out her big box of meds so she could make up her daily doses for her two-week supply box. Then she got into the shower. The shower chair worked well for her but after she got out, she bumped her heel and it shot pain into her foot. It took a lot out of her mood until she got her feet elevated again and some Tylenol in her.  We settled in to watch tv today. Football for me and Christmas movies for Lydia. The pain meds have been working to somewhat relieve her pain, but they also leave her drowsy and they upset her stomach a little.  Sleep and rest are both good but I just wish she felt better so she could get into the Christmas spirit. With all of this going on, she feels helpless and I know she’s bored most of the time from just laying around. When we get the knee scooter, she might be able to do more and keep her mind busy. We were both full from breakfast so we had some apples and grapes and cheese and cashews for lunch. I made an early dinner. It was just chicken pot pies but it was easy and filling. We finished up the night catching up on taped programs.     

Monday, Dec 16th, 2019……  Nothing on the agenda today. We still have a few things to get for Christmas so we discussed how to make that happen. Plus, we need to each get ourselves something from Randy and Maryanne (while they are buying something they want from us) for the facetime video on Christmas. We’ve already completed the gift exchange we have going with Jeff and Krista and the grandkids in Florida. With the kids involved, it’s better for us to buy and send gifts. We have received each other’s packages and they are under the tree already. As I said, no rain in the forecast. Lydia only wanted tea and cereal so I took care of that and then I headed out and got my breakfast and coffee. I called the medical supply company to check on the scooter. They told me they had sent another document to Dr. Tedesco, required to be completed in more detail and signed in order for insurance approval. Lydia called Dr. Tedesco’s office as well. She wanted to let them know they had a fax to respond to plus she has not heard back about the second fluid draw that is being done by a third party. They were supposed to call us direct to set up an appointment but we have not heard yet, thus the inquiry. Later, I headed over to my sister’s house to install party lights around her back fence. We got that done pretty quickly and I headed back home for the rest of the day. Oh yeah, I saw her Charlie Brown Tree that she cut down from the forest!  Here’s a pic she took…


I relaxed for the afternoon. I got a call for a survey about the recent service work order from Peterson Trucking. I was not shy about telling them how I felt.  They had over $1100. listed on the invoice as “diagnostic” and I thought that was an error. When I went to pick it up, they said they adjusted it but they added on additional charges for labor to re-install the correct valves after they put on the incorrect ones. That was not right and I told them so!  I don’t expect them to do anything but at least it felt good to let them know how I felt!
Later, I started dinner. Tonight was soft shell tacos. They were pretty easy to make and we had a nice dinner. I watched Monday Night football and my other shows until bedtime. Lydia napped much of the day so she stayed up a while longer and watched tv and came to bed later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment