About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, December 26, 2019


Oregon Living 2019 – Blog #119 –  Getting the Scooter Ordered and Then Enjoying A MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Monday, Dec 23rd, 2019…… This morning, after walking Rylee, I had one chore to do – go check on the progress of Lydia’s knee scooter!  I drove over to the medical supply company and asked them where we were on it. She looked it up and confirmed what I thought – it was not approved by our insurance. She would submit it again but she said I could pay up front and then get reimbursed later – maybe! I asked her how much it would cost and she said $120.00. I was going to spend that on one online so I said ok. BUT – when she looked it up she found that the entire request that had gone through the system and been denied – was for a WALKER! Duuuhh!  No wonder it was denied. She called the warehouse and they could have a knee scooter delivered by 11:00am but the same thing applied – she would turn it in again and we could hope it would be approved – but, if I wanted it now, I would have to pay the price upfront. This time it was almost $300.00. I pretty much stormed out of there before saying something I shouldn’t. I did tell her to be sure not to send us anything for a customer review! I went home and we ordered one from Walmart.com which was $120.00 and with an extra sheepskin pad, and will be delivered before year-end. We also got refills from her doctor for pain meds which we would need in hand for the upcoming trip.
We decided to get out the lasagna from the freezer and get it eaten before we left. It was just ok. Neither of us was very hungry so we ate lightly on it. We finished up the evening watching our programs before calling it a night.    
         
Tuesday, Dec 24th, 2019…… Today’s agenda was set for us. My sister was coming over for Christmas eve and will spend the night. She made a couple of trips with gifts and food. We are having salad, turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, deviled eggs, and rolls tonight. I got the eggs boiled and cut and the filling in and refrigerated. Sis and I cut up the green beans and got them going. She put the small white meat turkey in the crockpot and we waited for all of that to cook. We had to move the turkey to the toaster oven to finish browning. But it was worth the wait! Yummy!


Tomorrow we will have ham and sweet potatoes with the leftover beans, eggs, and rolls. We have two different pies for dessert. 

Wednesday, Dec 25th, 2019…… MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!  We slept in a bit longer this morning. I got Rylee out and walked but she was really wanting to go play and run with the Q dog. She found her runway and I had to wipe her down. When we all got back in the house, we settled in and opened our gifts.  


I made mine and Lydia’s breakfast (we ate light) and my sister went home to visit with her neighbors a bit. She ate a quick breakfast and took a shower while there. When she got back, we facetimed with both Jeff and Krista and the grandkids and also with Randy and Maryanne. Sis did the same with Tim and Tamara. They all had a nice Christmas. Later, Sis and I got everything ready for dinner. Lydia came in once or twice and checked the progress and added her own touches where needed. It was a really good meal and we were stuffed! After that, we settled in and rested for the afternoon. Into the evening, my sister left to go home with Q and get into her jammies and rest.  later, into the evening, we snacked a bit and then watched tv and then called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment