About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #43 – A (Really) Empty House Now & Visitors Coming


Saturday, May 30th, 2020……  Today Jeff has a flight home. He leaves out of Portland (5:00pm) but I took him up early so we could tour around that area a bit. Multnomah Falls and Vista Point are still closed but we could still drive out I84, which parallels the Columbia River, which is really nice this time of year.  We got started and decided to stop somewhere for dinner. Red Robin in Wilsonville was open for dining so we stopped there. We got in after a 10-15 min. wait and had a nice meal. Problem was I left the house and just drove – forgetting to stop by Sis’s house so she could say goodbye to Jeff.  What a dumdum I am!  We really didn’t have time to cruise around so I got Jeff to the terminal in plenty of time for him to check in and rest for a while. He had a seat assignment for the first leg of his trip. He flies Portland/Seattle/Atlanta/Ft. Myers – yeah, I know - but that was the cheapest way to go!  He didn’t have seat assignments for the other legs so I reminded him to do that at the desk. It’s been a rainy day here today and I drove through some on the way home but no worries. When I got back home, I knew it would be to an empty house for the first time. So now it’s me and Rylee holding down the fort. I’ll let you know tomorrow how I do tonight.
Oh yeah, the obit came out today in our local paper:  

  
Sunday, May 31st, 2020……  Yep, it was a tough night for me alright. I had two or three bawling episodes but I managed to get some sleep. I know it will get easier as time goes by but right now it’s hard.  Cherrelyn will be coming here on Tuesday, and nephews Kyle and Andrew (Frances’ boys) are coming up Friday. If anyone needs to get out of the house for a while and wants to come visit – please do!  I would dearly love the company right now.  
The weather is nicer today. The forecast is for no rain this coming week. I need to get on the mowing more often and now that the rainy season is almost behind us, I hope to stay on that. But today, I just goofed off around the house. I finished off box two of the photos. I think at least one of the others was Grandma Mac’s so that one should be easy. But I got the albums out and stacked in the dining room just to remind me to keep on top of it all. I taped and watched Nascar and Motocross, which is back now too, and sorted and did some laundry.   
Quiet, quiet day! 
     
Monday, June 1st, 2020…… Way better night’s sleep last night!   I needed to make some calls today. I can’t remember if I mentioned this before in this blog but Lydia and I chose not to do a living trust until we got up here and got everything sorted out. That was three years ago last month and we still hadn’t made that move. Yeah, I know!  So, today I found the number of the referral of an estate planner given to me by Linda and Chuck so I made the call. They were closed so I’ll try again tomorrow for an appointment hopefully next week. I also now have a vet appointment for butthead for her annual visit and shots. Cherrelyn made it down from Tualatin and is staying with Penny. They came over and helped me go through number three of the photo bins. That one was Lydia’s folks’ and went pretty easily. Stan and/or Eddie will get that one. Some of the photos were in old broken frames and those photos were removed saving loads of space.  One more to go and then the albums!  


The girls went back home and I watched the Nascar Xfinity race then met them at Pizza Schmizza for dinner. Then it was back to the house to work on the blog and watch tv until bedtime. The weather is post-card-like right now. Just perfect!  No rains in the forecast at least until the weekend.  Plan is to mow again tomorrow before everything gets out of hand.    

No comments:

Post a Comment