About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #49 – Yardwork and House Projects


 

Saturday, June 20th, 2020……  The rains that were predicted for today did come, But I had decided to get going early on the grass pickup. But first I headed off to get breakfast and then I went to the lumber yard here in town to look for some ¼” plywood for the backer on my outside workbench. I got that cut and stored away for later and then texted my sister that I was out doing the lawn. We tried something different this time – I lined the truck bed with a huge tarp and then brought out two smaller ones for the grass.


 I made my passes on the tractor and dumped each load on one of the tarps. Sis helped me dump those into the truck bed. Once I was done with all of the collection, I covered up the load and we headed off to Central Bark to dump it all.


I paid $8.50 for what I had which was more than reasonable in my opinion. It sure saved a ton of time and labor from bagging it up in 10-20 trash bags, which had to be tossed into either my trash or a bin or two in town. This way it was done and done!   
After that was done and Penny went back home (thanks Sis!), I came in and rested and then did some laundry. Sis is having a yard sale after Jody gets here (next week) so I am thinking about some things I can take over there. I do want to have friends and family go through Lydia’s clothes to see and get what they want before I do anything, but I have a bunch of my old clothes that I want to take over plus some items in the shop that I am no longer using.  I will be getting that together soon.  I watched the Belmont Stakes and then the Nascar Xfinity race before watching some of my other taped shows. I made a turkey sandwich for lunch and some mac and cheese for dinner and then had some popcorn for ‘dessert’. I wasn’t especially tired from today so I ended up going to bed after 11:00pm.
      
Sunday, June 21st, 2020……  Happy Father’s Day to all of the dads out there!  Not much on the agenda for me today. I made a Walmart run and picked up a few things I needed. I heard from both boys and their families. Nice. I also received a couple of Amazon deliveries, both from Randy and Maryanne – one for Father’s Day and one for our anniversary. Thanks, guys!  


More races today. Well, only the stadium motocross finale because Nascar at Talladega Speedway was rained out today. For us here, the weather was cloudy and overcast for most of the morning but after noon it cleared up and actually got up into the mid 80’s. Once it got warmer, of course I had to take butthead outside and let her run in the sprinklers! Tonight’s dinner was cheese quesadillas, which was very tasty.

Monday, June 22nd, 2020……  Today would have been our 52nd anniversary. While this is a really emotional day for me, and I struggle every time I think about us not being together anymore, I also find I am really happy and grateful when I think about all of the great years that we had together. A lot of folks can’t say that for sure! 
I made bacon and eggs for breakfast and then straightened up the house a bit. Then I headed over to my sister’s house to work on her patio column covers. We had purchased the wood some time ago and today was a good day to get those cut and put up.

  
I had the old ones to use as a pattern so it went pretty quickly and looks good – ready for the painters who are coming next month.
I got back home and rested for a while. Penny wanted to take me to lunch or dinner later but I passed on both and just came home and rested and relaxed around the house. I have opened the large Costco bacon package so I decided to use up some more and just fix myself some bacon sandwiches for dinner. After that, it was tv until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment