About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, June 19, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #48 – Filing Paperwork and Doing Yardwork


 

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020……  This morning I was up early and took Quincy and Rylee out for their walk/run. I had Q because sis had to go up to Salem for her annual bone scan. After feeding the girls, I took off and drove over to Albany to my attorney’s office to sign and pick up my estate paperwork. I have everything now and just need to go file the new deed on the house with the county. I still have to organize everything and make up instructions as to where it all is located for the kids and my sister in the future.  I boxed up all of the beta (fish) stuff and took it over to the dental office to give to Amanda and then went to the PO to mail a letter.  The weather is great today and has turned to sunny skies predicted for the next several days. I may mow tomorrow…
I got a text from Lydia’s older brother, Stan, who told me that his daughter, Nicole, had passed away on Monday. He hasn’t spoken to her in several years so he’s trying to get more info. He also said he was heading off later today to take Joy to be admitted to a senior care facility. He has a tough road ahead because right now her dementia is so advanced that she doesn’t know who he is anymore. Visits will be restricted due to Covid 19, but I feel, as he does, that she will get the care she needs from the skilled staff that Stan can’t provide. He’s sure had a tough month! Please keep him in your prayers…   
I had leftover lasagna for dinner and then went to work on my pictures - I am now working on those on both of our laptops - to sort to add to my powerpoint (I will begin that task down the road).  I only worked for an hour or so but got a good idea of how extensive this will be! 
Here's one I found of Rick & Janie and Carol with us at one of our 'pajama dances'. Good times for sure!


So, I stopped for the night and watched tv until bedtime.  Oh yeah, I watched America’s Got Talent last night and am enjoying this season, but it’s just not the same without Lydia sitting next to me! 
     
Thursday, June 18th, 2020……  Weather is really nice today. Sis wanted some help with dropping off her tree trimmings at Central Bark. She had found that my truck load of branches would only cost $8.50 to dump there. I have a branch on one of my trees along the driveway that was dead, so I took advantage and cut it down and put it in the truck. She took the truck and went back to her place to get started.  Today is Rylee’s spa day!  She had an appointment for a bath and trim today. I dropped her off and then went over to sis’s house. She already had the truck packed down so I drove us out to drop the load off. It was quick and easy plus I found out they will take grass clippings so I might give that a try when I mow. I forgot to contact Kirk so I think I will try to do the lawn with just the one mower this time. Tomorrow. I came home and did a load of towels and called it a day. I forgot what I had for lunch but I wasn’t hungry for dinner so I heated up and ate the rest of the sourdough bread and added a couple of oranges and a couple of the babybel cheese I had. I watched the remainder of the supercross from last night until bedtime.

Friday, June 19th, 2020……  Today I decided to mow the lawn. But first I wanted to run some errands. I wanted to go to our courthouse and file the new trust deed on the house. I paid the fees and that was that. Sis came with me and we went to Lowe’s after that. She bought a few things and I didn’t find what I wanted so we stopped at Summit Ace Hardware and I got a 4x8 sheet of plywood. I like their selection but it comes at a slightly higher price than Lowes. We came home and unloaded first at her place and then mine. We rested a few minutes and then I went out and got the string trimmer fired up. Penny wanted to do that (it was her first time using it) while I mowed. I did the yard then turned over the mower to her and she did the field. The lawn was longer than I wanted so we will have more bags for tomorrow. But we might try the bark place and just put it loose in the truck bed. It was hot today (87º) so I was glad when we got it done! Sis went home and I stuck a stuffed salmon in the oven and then jumped in the shower and then later, enjoyed a nice dinner and then watched tv until bedtime.  Tomorrow we are supposed to see a front coming in to the north of us so I will most likely get out early and get the grass picked up in case it reaches us here in Lebanon.   

1 comment: