About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Oregon Living 2020 – Blog #44 – Visiting & Meetings & a Beach Trip

 
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020……  Cherrelyn and Penny spent some time here with Rylee and Quincy running around.  Today I started building a list of those who I have to have a certified death certificate for - either type a and type b (I have ordered both). Some have or will be sending me their forms to be completed with the dc.
I made a call to the office of the estate planner. He will be calling me back.
I heard back from him a bit later in the morning. We talked for a while and he explained that we can meet and see what is best to do in my situation.  He is class of 61 and he said, "Looks like I have had some years on you".  The more we talked the more I knew I liked him.

Wednesday, June 3rd, 2020……   Yesterday we decided that the plan for today would be a drive over to the coast.  The girls came by and we took off around 9:00am and went to Wisecracks in Corvallis for breakfast before heading over via Hwy 20. Once we got to Newport, I drove us down to the wharf and we went into Mo’s so Cherrelyn could get some clam chowder to take back home. Sis and I don’t care for it as much as others because it has too much bacon in it but she wanted to try it so we stopped. We had a rough time getting inside to place the order, because they did not want folks congregating by the register. But she made it in and got the soup and we left and continued down the coast. It is a nice drive going that way with a lot of roads right by the water. 


I drove them to Florence where we took Hwy 126 east back into Eugene. I stopped on the way back by the house in Veneta that we had looked at when we were house searching.  It was in the running but was more isolated and dumped onto 126 so I’m glad we passed on that one. We also drove by Fir Butte to see that one too and then made our way back home.
     
Thursday, June 4th, 2020……  Today was my meeting with the estate planner. I left early to go to his office in Albany. Believe it or not, his name is David Beckham!  He says he can track his ancestry and he is related; I just don’t remember what else he said. Anyway, he got all of my pertinent info and will be mailing me a to-do list to get started with building what I need for my living trust. I also got a call from hospice – they were checking to see how I was doing and asked if I need anything. They are really a good group of folks and I am glad I chose them. I also asked about some unused items and would they like them back. I think I will drop them off next time I’m in the area. We decided to have linner tonight and went to Pizza Schmizza for a nice meal. Then it was back home and tv until bedtime. I did manage to drag a few albums in to go through while I watched yesterday’s taped motocross race. These were the two books of photos from ours and Steve and Linda’s and Alan and Barbara’s 25th anniversary trip to Hawaii in 1993. Fun times and it really did me good to look through them again. I found some good ones of Lydia to scan for my memory flash drive for the celebration.           

No comments:

Post a Comment